okay i want to perform a bass solo piece that will blow peoples minds. i am looking for something jazzy. I play a fender jazz 4 string. I can double thump, two had tap, difficulty isn't too big of an issue, not to sound big headed.
Pachelbel's Canon, its an amazing tune and really does blow you away, im trying to find some kind of arrangement for it.

Check on this guy playing it, its really were i got the inspiration to want to learn this place, I have the Double bass music, but its very morbid on its own.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQoRS09OUnE

Another great piece that i know is suite 1 in gsharp? well i think thats the one, ill go check in a min.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
that song is very sexy especially with the piccolo strings ^

ts try "flow my tears" (the policeman said) by stu hamm... it is my favorite song to play at the moment.
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
do some Jaco.

Birdland has a great hook.

or make an arrangement of Happy Birthday.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
An online guitar teacher made a couple arrangements of Auld Lang Syne that are pretty good, sorry, I don't have a link. You could use the idea and make a more bass-like version. Granted, you can only play it one time of year when it will make sense.
Chromatic Fantasy, Jaco's version is worth looking into.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
If you're looking for something a little more Jazzy definitely look into Jaco. Portrait of Tracy and Continuum are both common ones to learn, however I think for pure one off impressiveness; a well-done arrangement of Teen Town would be best. It's not technically a solo bass piece, but with a little work on arranging it all the parts are completely doable. As an alternative check out Take Five by Dave Brubeck. I began doing some work with it a while ago and with a little drop tuning or transposition you can get that chord riff he plays on piano down and all of the sax parts too. It's not got all the raw impression that Teen Town would have for the average Joe, but playing that to an audience into jazz would really impress.

For a more classical take, look into the cello suites by Bach. Especially the sixth suite, especially the sixth movement of the sixth suite. Again, it's classical, so playing for the average person they'd probably lose attention, but if they could hold their attention for the whole song it would blow minds way more than Teen Town ever would... I wish.