I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I've been having with my line 6 Spider II combo. For some reason the volume keeps dropping drastically and randomly. I've only heard it do it on the clean channels but my other guitar player says that when he jams on it it does it on the distortion as well. Is this fixable? It just sounds to me like it's not something too hard to fix, could this just be simply a lose speaker wire?

Sorry if my questions sounds stupid but I honestly don't know **** about repairing amps and I dont want to tinker around not knowing what I'm doing.
get a different amp all together. the line 6's arent very good, i would know because i have owned 3 of them.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
Quote by iceh88
get a different amp all together. the line 6's arent very good, i would know because i have owned 3 of them.

May I ask why you've owned 3 Line6 amps and ended up with a Frontman?
It sounds like it could be a bad cable. But seriously, get a new amp. You won't regret it.
Quote by Kanthras
Awww, that tiny wittle head looks adorable on that cab..

*Krank amp turns on*

AAAAAUUGHHH TEH CRUSHING OVERDRIVE aSDJKANHFUILGN
Quote by iowaguitarshred
I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I've been having with my line 6 Spider II combo. For some reason the volume keeps dropping drastically and randomly. I've only heard it do it on the clean channels but my other guitar player says that when he jams on it it does it on the distortion as well. Is this fixable? It just sounds to me like it's not something too hard to fix, could this just be simply a lose speaker wire?

Sorry if my questions sounds stupid but I honestly don't know **** about repairing amps and I dont want to tinker around not knowing what I'm doing.

It's probably something impossible to fix, and if it is it will cost probbly more the the amp is worth to repair something that's not even that good in the first place
Quote by iceh88
get a different amp all together. the spiders arent very good, i would know because i have owned 3 of them.

Fixed, because Flextone and Vetta ARE good.
» Ibanez SZ520 + JB/Jazz
» Rocktron Rampage
» Vox ToneLab SE
» Laney LC15
Spiders are known for this kind of problem. Theres probably not a whole lot your gonna be able to do with it. Its time to save some money for another amp.
Spiders aren't reliable at all, it probably isn't fixable. You should start saving for a new amp.
Quote by ahsoo
Fixed, because Flextone and Vetta ARE good.

This.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
You should dry it very well.This is known issue with Line 6 Spider and Flextone amps.They must be always on very dry places or they will start working as you describes or changing alone between amps.With Behringer amps, you will not have such as problems.
Quote by zoranrataj2000
You should dry it very well.This is known issue with Line 6 Spider and Flextone amps.They must be always on very dry places or they will start working as you describes or changing alone between amps.With Behringer amps, you will not have such as problems.

Bullshit.
Behringers actually catch fire while being used. Not only that, they're also a company that's a bit shady. Peak wattage is what they show on their amps, not RMS.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.