Anyone know any good strings that are good for like... metal + solos? I need something that gives a good lead tone but also have a heavy to semi-heavy aggressive low end. I need some good mids. Hope you can give a brand with it ;(!
Last edited by NecroticSoldier at Aug 4, 2009,
Maybe 10-52's?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by NecroticSoldier
Anyone know any good strings that are good for like... metal + solos? I need something that gives a good lead tone but also have a heavy to semi-heavy aggressive low end. I need some good mids. Hope you can give a brand with it ;(!

You need an amp then. Strings don't make that kind of difference.
I don't remember the gauges but Ernie Ball Power Slinkies are what I use and meet your criteria, at least in my mind. I am still reasonably new to guitar, having been playing now for 4 months, so someone else may know more products and have a better choice for you than me, but from what I've used these are great!
ernie ball regular slinky
equipment:
Gibson SG Special ltd.
Peavey JF2EX
Fender Kingman SCE
Vox AD30Vt
Line6 Spider III 150

Quote by Philip_pepper

Be sure to be able to recite at least one Shakespeare quote before and after each song.

Out loud, or in your head, it's up to you.
Yeah I've been using d'addiario or w/e the strings names are... so I don't really know. I heard good things about ernie balls but yeah... nothing else
Strings will not have as much effect on tone as you're probably looking for. The only effects I've ever noticed with strings is the EBs seem to have a tiny bit more bite, and switching to heavier gauges produces a noticeable increase in loudness.

As far as guage go, I recommend 10-52 - in EB terms, a Skinny Top + Heavy Bottom set.