Ok, so i have been playing guitar for a few month's now and have become good, at least for what i think good is for the few month's of playing..

my gear currently is an Ibanez gsa60 (stock) 1 bridge humbucker and 2 single coil's, mid and by the neck, it does have a whammy bar

a line 6 spider amp, 15W, eq settting's, and a few effects

and digitech rp350 multi effect, it's got about every effect amp model cabinet model and sound you can ever ask for waiting to be unleashed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbZ2Ee8Kil0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff3eoVpvu9s

Ok those 2 song's should i hope give you a good idea of the sound i want...kinda of that 80's hair metal happy good times kinda sound
so...i know this is broad, and difficult to do, but i'm hoping someone out there who know's a whole hell of a lot more then me can at least point me in the right direction..

what high mid and low setting's would you suggest? what about tuning? I'm currently using 1/2 step down
http://www.digitech.com/products/Multi-Effects/RP350.php

that's the link to the pedal i have, on the side of the page it show's all the thing's it has...

_____

I know this is confusing, and a lot to ask, but if anyone can just give me a few good tip's to point me in the right direction i would be extremely happy!!
Thank's for any help that can be given
Last edited by camaross427 at Aug 4, 2009,
id save for a new amp =] maybe of the tube variety.
tone is 90% amp and the line 6 wont cut it.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
Peavey Classic 50 power amp
GK Neo 4x10
Quote by paintballcrazy7
id save for a new amp =] maybe of the tube variety.
tone is 90% amp and the line 6 wont cut it.

Yes i know, but i am just starting out and on a small bugdet, i will get a good better amp eventually, but for now this is what i have to deal with, i'm just trying to get as close to that sound i mentioned as possible

in the future though, what amp would you suggest?
Last edited by camaross427 at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by Flying Couch
No, it didn't.

Nor do the Youtube links.

hmm..that's odd..

whatever, i took out the hyperlink's..just use copy and paste, it ain't that hard now is it
Hey man, its kinda like saying I want to get as close to 220 mph without having to buy an exotic/muscle car.

All you can do without changing your equipment ($$$) is modify settings a bit, which is easy - mess with your amp until you get something that sounds similar to YOUR ears.

All amps are slightly different with things such as bias, speakers, tubes, etc to account for. Don't forget guitar wood, pickups, tone knobs.
It's impossible to prescribe a one-size-fits-all solution for tone settings due to these variables.

Good Luck.
I used to have a Spider 75 watt. For that kind of sound...

I'd put it on the Crunch setting. Drive all the way up. Lots of mids, but go easy on bass - maybe 50%. Were it any other amp, I'd say lots of treble, too, but go easy on that too here. Use some chorus, too - '80s sounds are all about chorus.

It's not going to be very good, but this should be passable for just a beginner's practice tone.
Quote by mason7373
Hey man, its kinda like saying I want to get as close to 220 mph without having to buy an exotic/muscle car.

All you can do without changing your equipment ($$$) is modify settings a bit, which is easy - mess with your amp until you get something that sounds similar to YOUR ears.

All amps are slightly different with things such as bias, speakers, tubes, etc to account for. Don't forget guitar wood, pickups, tone knobs.
It's impossible to prescribe a one-size-fits-all solution for tone settings due to these variables.

Good Luck.

Yup...tone is a cocktail of X factors unfortunately- this guy hit the nail on the head
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
OK so if i was to get rid of my line 6, what would you guy's suggest getting? that's on a reasonable budget?
Hmm...well, i'd try to find one with a very processed, digital distortion...thats what I heard on the Trixster link anyway.
You've only been playing a few months, I'd walk before I run and not worry so much as what gear to purchase, but to actually hone and improve your skills so you do sound better due to your playing, not digital effects. Wait until you've been seriously playing for a year before creating the infamous "what guitar/amp should i buy???" thread here.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL