I have been looking for some new music to listen to lately but haven't had very good luck so far, so I figured I'd ask here to see what people could recommend for me.

To give you an idea of what I like, here are some bands I've been listening to lately:
Anberlin, Atomship, Beloved, The Butterfly Effect, Cave In, Classic Case, Dead Poetic, Evans Blue, Isis, Onesidezero, Pelican, Russian Circles, Sinch, Stage, Thrice, Unloco

Please let me know whatever you can think of! I'm open to trying out bands that are different as well, including lighter or heavier styles of music (as long as it's melodic and not a completely different genre like rap or techno or something). Thanks.
P!atd
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
Dunno if you'd like Bring Me The Horizon. If you want something very fresh, listen to Sorry You're Not a Winner by Enter Shikari. Uses small amounts (and i mean miniscule) of techno to set the atmosphere but not as a melody. Great stuff.
Jesu

Albums: Their self-titled album (More Industrial/Very heavy), "Pale Sketches EP", "Silver EP" (Both still heavy, with plenty of neatly layered vocals and guitar parts, with a bit of keyboard/electronic parts). I think you should start with "Conqueror".
Last edited by ctb at Aug 4, 2009,
I think you'd really like porcupine tree.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by Snakebyte
Thrice,

Please let me know whatever you can think of! I'm open to trying out bands that are different as well, including lighter or heavier styles of music (as long as it's melodic and not a completely different genre like rap or techno or something). Thanks.

Brand New, specifically Deja Entendu and The Devil And God Are Raging inside Me.
Try Muse.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Try Chasing Victory and idk why people are sayin bring me the horizon, they're a horrible band for you to start listening to cause there are so many more bands in that genre that are way way better.

oh and try saosin to, if you havent already
Last edited by catalyst329 at Aug 6, 2009,