What would you say are the top 5 floyds in terms of tuning stability, reliability.

What im looking for is something to go up and down fully unlike the van halen guitars style floyd, dont do too much crazy stuff but sometimes do big pulls. I loved the old lo pro edge because of their lowness and comfort but im hearing bad things about the latest edge trems.
IMO...

1.Orginal edge/lo pro edge
2.Edge pro
3.OFR
4.New ZR system found on the prestige S models
5.Schaler/ghoto FR

I just like the feel of Ibanez trems more than the OFR,not that the OFR is bad or anything,it's just a preference thing.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

1.OFR
2.Zero-Resistance Trem by Ibanez
3.Original edge/lo pro edge
4.Edge pro
5.Schaler/ghoto FR

I really like the Zero-Resistance Trem, you CAN do flutters if you take off something but... it doesn't go out of tune if you press hard against the strings, palm mute or press bridge really hard, it's awesome. But OFR I believe is the best quality PLUS! FLUTTERS ;D! The bearing system on the Zero-Resistance Trem is pretty sexy! ;D!
Quote by NecroticSoldier
1.OFR
2.Zero-Resistance Trem by Ibanez
3.Original edge/lo pro edge
4.Edge pro
5.Schaler/ghoto FR

I really like the Zero-Resistance Trem, you CAN do flutters if you take off something but... it doesn't go out of tune if you press hard against the strings, palm mute or press bridge really hard, it's awesome. But OFR I believe is the best quality PLUS! FLUTTERS ;D! The bearing system on the Zero-Resistance Trem is pretty sexy! ;D!

Are you insane? The Edge Pro and Original Edge are way better than the ZR!
Ibanez Prestige RGA321SPB
Quote by tarlkea

LOL I guess I am ;( cause that's what I feel! Maybe you've tried more! I've tried both of them at least 3 times, but I actually OWN a ZR so I'm not sure! maybe you played more than me too. From what I experienced ZR seems awesomes!
Quote by tarlkea

there seems to lots of variations of both on the ibanez guitars depending how much you spend. im not really sure what these variations are eg on the rg prestige. can you explain since you have a prestige.
Last edited by Serg1 at Aug 4, 2009,
- Original Floyd Rose
- Gotoh Floyd
- Schaller Floyd Rose
- FR-1000
- There isn't really a fifth one. I guess maybe the FR Special since it's essentually the same as the FR-1000 which in turn is essentually the same as the OFR, but meh.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
- Original Floyd Rose
- Gotoh Floyd
- Schaller Floyd Rose
- FR-1000
- There isn't really a fifth one. I guess maybe the FR Special since it's essentually the same as the FR-1000 which in turn is essentually the same as the OFR, but meh.

No love for the Ibanez floyd's? I freaking love my Lo Pro Edge over my Schaller.
Lo Pro Edge
Edge
Edge Zero
Edge pro
OFR
The edge and its good variations are quality trems.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Last edited by mexican_shred at Aug 5, 2009,
Quote by mexican_shred
Lo Pro Edge
Edge
Edge Zero
Edge pro
LFR

The edge and its good variations are quality trems.

Why an LFR and not an OFR?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Why an LFR and not an OFR?

typo. been a long day. thanks for the catch
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
1.The Zero-resistance tremolo
2. Lo Pro Edge
3. Edge Pro
4. Kahler bridge
5. Original Floyd Rose
Quote by azn_guitarist25
No love for the Ibanez floyd's? I freaking love my Lo Pro Edge over my Schaller.
I have limited experience with Ibanez because their thin necks cripple my hands. Generally though all the various vibratos on their lower end models have proven to be crap when I've tried them, and the only higher-end Ibanez models I've tried have either been hardtails or they've had their traditional Strat-like vibrato, not a Floyd-a-like, so I couldn't comment.

Generally though there's little room for improvement on an OFR or Gotoh Floyd so I don't really see how Ibanez's versions could be worth bothering with anyway.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.