ok im not sure if this is the best place for this, so suggest another forum if its better suited for my question...

uhm ok so when we have band practice, we have a hard time getting a good gear set up around the room. we always get feed back from our mics and we just cant find a good place to put everything .

here is a picture of how everything is set up... tell me what you think!

the circles in the corner are the drums, the red boxes around the drums are the P.A mics, the red box with the outline is the P.A head, the blue is the guitar amps (2 guitarists), and the yellow circles with sticks are mics. the bassest uses the P.A system

It's fine. It's band practice. Pretty much as long as everyone can see each other without having to turn around or anything is perfect.
looks good. if it were me i would just put the guitar amps to the right and left of the drummer in the backline then put the pa speakers next to them but thats just me!
Quote by itstheman
It's fine. It's band practice. Pretty much as long as everyone can see each other without having to turn around or anything is perfect.

lol you didnt read it, the problem is that we're getting mad feedback from the mics. anything i can do to reduce it?
Quote by michaelbot9000
lol you didnt read it, the problem is that we're getting mad feedback from the mics. anything i can do to reduce it?

Oh. My bad.

Turn the amps away from the mics.
Basic science tells us that aiming amps towards each other is going to cause bad things to happen. All of those sound waves are colliding in the center of the room and ruining your sound.

You need to make a wall of amps all facing one direction. My recommendation is to buy some speaker stands for the PA and face them straight ahead or at 45 degree angles away from each other.

What we do in my space is set the PA speakers on the ground and stack our guitar amps and PA head on top of them all facing in the same direction. It sounds great.
Yeah, you've got a bad set up.

If you can, move the drums to the center of the wall at the top of the diagram. Put the amps on each side, preferably parallel to that back wall. You can angle them slightly, but not too much.

Placement of your PA speakers is your biggest problem, they're positioned to do little else but feedback. It they are on stands separate them as much as you can from each other, and the mics. When you angle them in slightly back at you, do not point them directly at the mics. If they are floor monitors, place one right in front of each mic stand. Try to keep the 2 mic/monitors about 6' apart.

I hope that makes sense.
BTW, I didn't ask what kind of mics you're using. Vocal mics should be directional. If they are omnidirectional, you will have more problems with feedback too.