I'm going to be waxing my pickups and i just realized something that i should've considered a long, long, long time ago. I had a kill switch (it's actually a button) installed on the horn of my Fender Telecaster, and i might need to dismantle it to be able to take off the pickguard.... except i don't know how to put it back together or what might break it! and to add to the drama i need to use that kill switch for a song that i will be recording in a week!!! so if it breaks, i'm screwed!

Is anybody here an expert in these kind of affairs? If so, it would be so great if anyone had any advice they could give me.

I can't take a picture of the kill switch, but it pretty much looks like a black button that is connected to a white shaft, which then goes through a black hole... which is inside of a washer.

Please help!
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
if you're worried you could always delay waxing your pickups for a week so you have more time.
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
well, if you don't feel comfortable taking it out, why wax the pickups in the first place? Doesn't seem like a priority to me.
Quote by vintage x metal
My toilet has seen some scenes that one would describe as 'deathcore'