Which cities in Canada have the best music scene. I'm Particularly interested in the metal scene but any info is good.
Here, let me google that for you...

Actually.

You can type.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by BlackandSilver
Here, let me google that for you...

Actually.

You can type.

google can't tell you anything about music scenes. you have to live there to know
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
google can't tell you anything about music scenes. you have to live there to know

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=HPIA%2CHPIA%3A2005-21%2CHPIA%3Aen&q=canadian+metal&aq=f&oq=&aqi=
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
It might just be me, but Calgary and Edmonton have been getting some good shows as of late. Not bad local stuff too.
Gear:

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard
- Saga LP Copy
- Godin Seagull Acoustic
- Roland Cube 60
- Fender G-Dec
- Jim Dunlop Crybaby
- Guitar Rig 2
I've only ever been to Vancouver and Edmonton. Not much going on there from what I've seen (no offense to anyone from those areas).
Quote by guitar-guy01
do what this guy says, he is wise
i think montreal might have a good indie scene but i live in toronto so id say toronto is where its at
Last edited by bellamy_morello at Aug 4, 2009,
Vancouver. If anything there's too many bands.
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Toronto by far.

Ottawa had a pretty big metal scene when I grew up, but not much anymore.

When I lived in Barrie it was all shitty hardcore and metalcore bands, but if that's what you like, there's a lot of it.

Montreal has always had a big underground metal scene, especially for death metal.
Hamilton has a pretty solid music scene for its size.

Any city could have a kickass music scene when you have 12% of the countries ****ing population.
Montreal. Toronto has good stuff too, but I find that Montreal has a more diverse scene, and more original, diverse music comes from here, as Montreal is pretty much the cultural crossroads of Canada, and for music as well.
Toronto definitely for metal. Quebec also might have a great scene since they brought out Gorguts and Quo Vadis.
Montreal.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Winnipeg and Brandon seem to have a decent "____core" scene, but maybe that's not metal. I'd still prefer that to the thriving country scene that's here. Ugh.
Edmonton has an incredible music scene. Right now, just from my smaller city (St. Albert), on the outskirts of Edmonton, we have two local bands about to really break out. I wouldn't be shocked to see them in the mainstream within the next couple years, barring a break up of either band.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Hamilton, Burlington/Oakville have some names to them, St. Catherines, Toronto, and Montreal.
Quote by glm
I love you for saying that.

after I said "if the Governator could do it; so can Mr. Colbert"
area code 905
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....