I must say.. the sound is different from my previous guitar.

The action is pretty light but the sound is not as loud and bright as my other guitar.

It appears to be a pretty good guitar for plucking. I've tried strumming with and

without a pick. Is it just me or does it sound worst with a pick? It feels rather quiet.
It says Takamine in giant letters on the pickguard? That'd turn me off, personally.

Nice guitar, though. I'm not big on cutaways, but that one pulls it off nicely.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
I'm gonna have to eat my words.. this guitar is GREAT!

I guess it just needed some exposure to air. Now it sounds fantastic! Zomg!

Yeah the design isn't too cool looking but hey..don't judge a book by it's cover. =P

Rejoice!
Wow I just realized... my old acoustic has too high action... I am finger picking through many songs which I struggle on the old acoustic.. damn I should fix it... or sell it.. hmmm
My Cort Earth 100 has really high action. You learn to deal with it, I guess. But if it's your old acoustic anyway, what's the problem?
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Well it has a distinctive sound that I wouldn't get on the new guitar so if I lower the action.. I could play it with higher potential.
I thought the big Takamine thing was a removable piece of plastic. I could swear my Tak had that too. Congrats though! I love me some Takamine!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
^-- It is. That big "Takamine" is just on the pick guard cover. It's a thin piece of plastic stuck on the pick guard to keep it from getting scratched while played in stores. Take that off! It will peel right off like a sticker.
I knew it!

I kinda wish I left mine on.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
^ Yes, lol. As well, Takamines are known for their rather quieter and more polite kind of acoustic sound(which has its ups and downs). Plugged in though, they are some of the best guitars anywhere.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I bought the same guitar last week and have found it to be extremely bright am loving it so far, I got the black version as the natural finish was out of stock which is a shame looking at your picture as it looks good.

Happy nagd
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
It says Takamine in giant letters on the pickguard? That'd turn me off, personally.

Nice guitar, though. I'm not big on cutaways, but that one pulls it off nicely.

It's a plastic sheet over the pick guard. It doesn't really say Takamine on the actual pick guard.
Quote by captivate
^ Yes, lol. As well, Takamines are known for their rather quieter and more polite kind of acoustic sound(which has its ups and downs). Plugged in though, they are some of the best guitars anywhere.

Really? I've never played one, but that sounds like something I could use...
Quote by Frames4ever
It's a plastic sheet over the pick guard. It doesn't really say Takamine on the actual pick guard.

Lol, my bad.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Last edited by SoWrongItsMatt at Aug 5, 2009,
I will be fixing up my old guitar since it has too high action... might as well change the strings too.. Anyone have suggestions for strings that would sound different from my Takamine? I guess a brighter, louder tone would do.
Phospher bronze. Any brand...
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break