My friend wants me to join his thrash band, but not as a bassist ( bass is my main), he wants me as a guitarist. I have an OK guitar right now but i need something decent and in the $300-$450 range. Im a big ESP user, but im also good with Ibanez. One of my friends has a Schecter and it sounds great but idk their prices, im willing to try them too. Floyd Rose/Kahler brides are fine with me, so are set bridges. Any ideas the guitars out there in those brands and if you have experience with them if they are good?

Im also looking at 7 strings, so include them as well. I play a 6 string bass so a 7 string would be better in my hands, although the songs wont be using the low B string, it would be more for my own entertainment and songwriting purposes.

The band is closest sounding to Kreator-esque stuff. AND to make things more annoying, his songs written are like long as hell (out of the 4 demo songs, 2 are 9 mins and 1 is 11 mins) so id need something comfortable. Weight isnt a problem, cause like ive stated, i play a 6 string bass.
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
Spector Legend 5 Classic Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Axl Mayhem Fireaxe Guitar
Gallien-Krueger 400RB-III Combo Bass Amp
Gallien-Krueger 115SBX Bass Cabinet
No Jacksons? I'd look into some of the seven string japanese dinkys. Do you really need a 7 string?? I think a 6 string would accommodate you just as well.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Quote by Richmanofaction
No Jacksons? I'd look into some of the seven string japanese dinkys. Do you really need a 7 string?? I think a 6 string would accommodate you just as well.

I dont NEED a 7 string, but i dont really plan to buy many guitars in my lifetime because i highly doubt the band will end up going anywhere (its more for fun on my part) AND im a bass player 100% but i want something thatll last me so i dont need to buy one for a long, long time
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Used Ibanez RG7620/7621,depending on whether you want a trem or fixed bridge.High quality MIJ 7 strings with very playable necks and a set of real DiMarzio pups stock.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

The Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX is very good guitar for its $300 dollar price, it even beats guitars above its price.
Quote by COBHC_Erick429
I dont NEED a 7 string, but i dont really plan to buy many guitars in my lifetime because i highly doubt the band will end up going anywhere (its more for fun on my part) AND im a bass player 100% but i want something thatll last me so i dont need to buy one for a long, long time

Hmm...I've been playing for 8 years and I've never found the use for a 7 string...even though it would be fun to play some Dream Theater...

Anywho, I say look into Jackson's mid range, I have a very good Japanese Dinky that is right in your price range and has served me well over the years.

Here is their 7 stringer

http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-JAC2900502b?source=froogle

Here is Ibanez's model
http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARG7321
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Quote by cgmetallica1981
The Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX is very good guitar for its $300 dollar price, it even beats guitars above its price.

I want to bite your nose off because of this post

Low end sig = not good

Low end dean = even more not good

Low end dean sig = The most not goodest

/bad grammar and opinions

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by cgmetallica1981

how does it play though, do you have any experience with it? most V's ive played, ESPECIALLY deans, are very top heavy and just drop
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Quote by COBHC_Erick429
how does it play though, do you have any experience with it? most V's ive played, ESPECIALLY deans, are very top heavy and just drop

You should worry less about it being top heavy and more about it being crap. An Ibanez like what has been recommended would suit you right down to the ground
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Pr0gNut
Low end sig = not good

+3
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by Pr0gNut
I want to bite your nose off because of this post

Low end sig = not good

/bad grammar and opinions

I would say its probally one of the worst guitars I have ever played, seriously
Gear