Getting it set up would probably fix that. If not, then take it to a shop and get everything checked out.
maybe because your action is so high you arent puting enough pressure on the strings, how long have you been playing for?
If your strings are too thin a gauge then they will be easy to bend slightly out of tune without realizing it. Even pressing a tad too hard on light gauge strings can cause a note to be out of tune. It will also cause buzzing because the strings are flopping around more than usual. What type of strings are you using for what tuning?
I actually have the same problem as TS.
My Ibanez S7320 has the same problem; Sounding out of tune when forming (barre-)chords.
I checked the intonation, and that's pretty much spot on, and it's definitely not a lack of applied pressure.
The action isn't too high, and I never have this problem on my Ibanez SAS-36 either :-/

I have to note that when I play my guitar through an amp there's no fretbuzz or anything, but when I strike chords without amplification I can hear this odd 'growling' coming from the strings,, ???
Then I shall insert my erect penis into the narrow vaginal cavity of my blood-relative whom I predate by approximately 5 years.
When i first got my guitar when i played any of the notes at the first fret it would ring of the second fret and literally play the second fret. I adjusted the bridge and it has kind of stopped it but it means the notes higher down the fret board are inscreasinly harder to play. What would you say for me to do?

I use an epiphone sq special.

cheers
Quote by Virtudes
When i first got my guitar when i played any of the notes at the first fret it would ring of the second fret and literally play the second fret. I adjusted the bridge and it has kind of stopped it but it means the notes higher down the fret board are inscreasinly harder to play. What would you say for me to do?

I use an epiphone sq special.

cheers

Sounds like your neck's bow is too flat. Take it to a shop; you shouldn't be doing your own truss rod adjustments without knowing what you're doing.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401