This is really a step in a completely different direction for me, it's the first thing I've (attempted to) write in this style. It's unifinished, so contructive critiscism would be appreciated as well as any ideas on where to go from there, and if you help me with this, the favour will be returned.
Attachments:
Doom.zip
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Last edited by CTFOD at Aug 5, 2009,
Reminds me of early My Dying Bride mixed with early Autopsy. Definitely heavy as f*ck (the bass drum assault definitely helps this).

I liked the repitition, and with vocals all the riffs would sound absolutely perfect. Well done, man, can't wait to hear the rest.

Also, try not to use the let ring option for long passages with changing chords that leads into open chords...it makes a very ugly sound (maybe that's you using delay in real life, and then adding into the song through that to make it sound more realistic, or maybe I'm overthinking it ). Just make your chord shape and use the tie note option, works much better for rapidly changing chords.

7/10 so far (only because of the messy ringing and incompletion). Love the heavy bit.

GOREDIT: As for C4C, I may have a WIP up in an hour or so, I'll PM you or something about it.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Last edited by Slaytanic1993 at Aug 4, 2009,
Cheers for the crit, I've updated the first post with an ending and fixed the tied notes. If you PM me with a link to your song, I'd be happy to listen to it.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
Very good stuff, my man. It really took a great step at the start of "Intro 2".

I actually like the sound of the chords ringing out in places, it gives it an eeriness I really appreciate. Oh, the repeated melody before "Verse 2" was great.

This isn't the sort of stuff I'd expect you to write, knowing your taste, but you should stick at it. The riffs work nicely for vocal patterns to fit on top.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I can see the death/doom thing, but to me this pretty much sounded like Opeth

That's no bad thing though, great trade-off riffing and your guitar levels and everything were pretty much spot on (especially with the acoustics, there's always that menacing volume to have them at). This is definitely the kind of music that, if and when done for reals, needs a good mix and a great vocalist to sustain the power of the intro for the rest of the song and keep it fresh.

One thing though, I didn't notice any of the stuff going on with the bass the first way through cause it was damn quiet, but it works well. Some of it seems a little bit in excess, but pretty they're good fills anyway.

Sig heil for my song
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Did you listen to it in MIDI or RSE, duncang? Because with one of them the bass is much more noticeable, I forget which, though. I had the 'Heavy' riff lying around for a while (Which was basically just a huge rip-off of Opeth's Master's Apprentices riff ) and I thought it would be a good time to put it to use.

I'll check out your song now Duncan, the link in your sig, I assume.
Quote by duncang

at his command
MIDI, RSE makes me want to punch a hole in my own face.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
you've gotta love the controlled dissonance man, ace nice doomy feel throughout, I do hear a little bit of my dying bride, especially in the chorus, but overall it's somewhat more powerful than my dying bride ever managed. the song is pleasantly heavy without becoming overpowerlingly crushing, the steady bass drum made for a very "ricketty" feel, but it was in a good way. you could have considered writing it out in 6/8 in a different tempo, you seemed to milk triplets all piece long... but that's just a tiny detail

care to drop a line for "dawn of the gutter"? would be fun to have it back up front for people to hear
Reminded me of Blackened Death Metal to be honest. You're a really good tabber.
It's a solid song, but I dislike the arpeggios in the Pre-Chorus, as they sound as though they don't fit in.

Cool song, bro.
Quote by ctb
Reminded me of Blackened Death Metal to be honest. You're a really good tabber.
It's a solid song, but I dislike the arpeggios in the Pre-Chorus, as they sound as though they don't fit in.

Cool song, bro.

Cheers, man. A lot of the influence for the first few riffs came from Behemoth, so that could be it. Rumpy, I'll get to yours in a jiffy.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by CTFOD
Cheers, man. A lot of the influence for the first few riffs came from Behemoth, so that could be it. Rumpy, I'll get to yours in a jiffy.
I was going to mention them. Kewl.
I need more music from CTFOD. NAO.
Quote by ctb
I was going to mention them. Kewl.
I need more music from CTFOD. NAO.

I've uploaded more songs in older threads, they're more melodeath though.
Quote by duncang

at his command