Page 1 of 4
What bands take a few listens to get into (or indeed you might not like as a teenager but do in your 20s). I never liked tool when i was younger but love them now.
Coheed and Cambria. I used to hate Claudio Sanchez's voice, now they're my favorite band.

RAZZLEFRAZZLE
I didn't really like Pink Floyd four or five years I ago when I first listened to them, but they quickly became one of my favorite bands when I picked up Wish You Were Here.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Opeth, and some of Dream Theater's stuff. It tends to be specific albums/songs that grow on me, rather than bands
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Pink Floyd
Some more progressive Rush
Dream Theater
Between The Buried and Me
Quote by sporkman7
so what wierd things can u guys do? no not like laser vision or meat vision or something, but like random stuff that usually comes in handy
your first band with screaming in it.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by skaterskagg1
Tool. It took several years for me to fully appreciate them.

this. I couldn't stand them until I listened to them high. They're now one of my favorite bands and a huge influence on my playing.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Bob Dylan for his god awful voice,

but after a while you appreciate his infleunces and are able to appreciate him as a musician.

he's freaking awesome
Behold... The Arctopus!
I first heard them under 'worst band ever' on youtube but after listening to some of their full stuff with the drummer, I found it to be pretty interesting ****ed up music
ohai little sig.
way back in like 5th grade, i didnt really like black sabbath.

man what was i thinking
The Fall Of Troy
Smashing Pumpkins, currently my favorite
any Jam band where you hear studio stuff first
early Dashboard Confessional
Beck
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Coheed and Cambria. I used to hate Claudio Sanchez's voice, now they're my favorite band.

This. It wasn't so much is voice as it was I just couldn't get into it. Now I worship Claudio, Travis, Mic, and Chris (and Josh!) like the gods they are.
For me, it was The Smiths and Morrissey.
As you can see from my avatar they've become my favourite band. And here in Canada, we Smiths fans are few and far between compared to places like the U.K. I like that.
Anyone who thinks that music these days is dead doesn't listen to enough music.
Quote by timeconsumer09
This. It wasn't so much is voice as it was I just couldn't get into it. Now I worship Claudio, Travis, Mic, and Chris (and Josh!) like the gods they are.

I miss Josh.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
It took be about 4 years to like Queens of the Stone Age. I'd imagine Radiohead's later stuff is hard to get into, as well. (Though I personally didn't have a problem)
Brand New
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by fearofthemark

This.

I used to not be able to stand anything with screaming or death growls or anything in it. Then a friend of mine introduced me to Opeth in the form of Demon of the Fall.

Now I love Opeth and have no problem with growling. I've also gotten into Gojira, I love Meshuggah... I can listen to pretty much anything now.

Also Kyuss, when I first listened to them, I didn't really like it that much... just kinda put the cd away for a while, then I listened to it again, and the more I listened to it the more it grew on me.
Quote by Serg1
What bands take a few listens to get into (or indeed you might not like as a teenager but do in your 20s). I never liked tool when i was younger but love them now.

It took me a few listens to get into tool as well. Not only tool but most metal, including one of my now favorite bands The Black Dahlia Murder
Quote by walkinbazooka
Brand New

This. It took me well over a month to like Deja Entendu. Glad I stuck it out because now it is one of my favorite albums, and Brand New is now one of my top bands. Also Megadeth took a few tries to get me to like.
anything realy odd sounding

like ...and justice for all.......u hate it at first...then grow to love it

bandwise...: slayer, children of bodom, megadeth,
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
Quote by walkinbazooka
Brand New

totally. i bought deja entendu when it came out...took me well over two years till i listened to it again and was captivated.
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Quote by fearofthemark

+1
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
I jack off onto store aisles, hoping some b*tch will slip and get prego. It's sort of a hobby of mine.
Quote by Rogue_Bassist
This. It took me well over a month to like Deja Entendu. Glad I stuck it out because now it is one of my favorite albums

really? cuz i loved Deja Entendu right off the bat (well, i didnt like Quiet Things when i first heard it in like 7th grade, but when I picked up the actual album, I loved it!)
burial
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Page 1 of 4