I have two big shows coming up and I want to fix some of my problems. One of them is noise, I'm not talking humming noise, im talking loud, ear bleeding, high pitched squealing from my amp. I hate having to always have my mind on my amp channel, to make sure I switch off distortion AS soon as its not needed so I dont get squeal. I want to invest in a noise gate, that will take care of this problem, for me....(I also think I am going to back off my gain a little). I dont use any other effects at all. I just plug my guitar straight into my amp, and use the amp footswitch to switch channels. I use a Crate GT1200h Half stack. I have been looking at the following pedals:

Boss NS-2
MXR SmartGate
MXR Line Driver
ISP Decimator

I dont want to spend like 100$ on a pedal. I was looking for something like $50-60..used of course.

I also saw this pedal on ebay, and was wondering if anyone has heard of this brand/used this pedal..its only 39.95 so..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ARTEC-SE-NGT-NOISE-GATE-Guitar-Effect-Pedal-HUSH-QUIET_W0QQitemZ350230628545QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item518b5f48c1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

IF anyone can reccomend me a good noisegate that wont run me MAX more than 70$ Used...Id be very happy
Fender Custom Shop Telecaster
Fender Tom DeLonge Signature
Gibson ES-339
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier
Marshall JCM900 1960a Lead 4x12
Hmmm the ebay one seems intriguing, especially if it's true bypass like they claim.

Other than that I've consistantly heard good things about the ISP Decimator, so that's probably a safe bet.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
If you're willing to go up to $70 and it takes you more than a day to get the pedal, just spend the extra $30 or whatever it is and buy it new. Also, Smartgate is good.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
I think i'm gonna buy that artec one on ebay and see how it is, true bypass is a plus.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
I love my NS-2. It saved my ears. And its pretty cheap.
Gear:
Gibson Goth Explorer
Fender Gemini II
Dean Cemetery Gates Rzrbck
Marshall MG250 (screw you guys everyone i kno loves this amp)
Digitech Whammy IV
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss NS-2
MXR 10 Band EQ (black, not blue)
ISP Decimator by far. I have personally compared it to the MXR and Boss, and the ISP came out on top. The simplicity of the use is also a +. It is worth the extra money.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by HardAttack
If you're willing to go up to $70 and it takes you more than a day to get the pedal, just spend the extra $30 or whatever it is and buy it new. Also, Smartgate is good.

for what pedal...and what do you mean if it takes more than a day...?
Gibson ES-339
I have the NS-2, works great. Also Rocktron hush pedal is about $70.00 new but I have never used one.
thin slice o skin
I use an NS-2 as well, no complaints.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Quote by Jonny Ryan Mac
I use an NS-2 as well, no complaints.

same.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
ive heard the artec pedals are pretty good. i thought about some of them just never pulled the trigger. let me know how it is, thats one of the ones i was looking at
Agile AL-3000 HSBF>
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz V1>
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive V1>
Hardwire CM-2>
Delta Lab Chorus>
EHX Holy Grail>
Boss DD-7>
BBE Sonic Stomp>
Digitech JamMan>
Blackheart Little Giant
i just use my noise gate off my cheap B-Vamp multi-effects pedal (pretty much the only thing i use it for) and its amazing what noise gates can do for u, i sometimes put down my guitar for a bit and forget its turned on still!
My Boss NS-2 is great for the price.

I mean the ISP is good, but its almost double the price in AUS.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I have an NS-2. It's nice, but it lowers your sound a bit. Never tried the Decimator, but I'd've like to, sounds like it's good. But def either NS2 or Decimator.
NS2 - Buffered bypass alters your tone.
Smartgate - I immediately sold this pedal and bought an ISP Decimator. It was useless because the threshold had to be turned up so high that it sucked A LOT of tone.
Artec - No tapering, just cuts your signal off if it's quiet enough in a very abrupt way. It's fairly transparent though.
ISP Decimator - I own 2, best pedal on my board.
Quote by mechanix901
ISP decimator....boss is a tone sucker

Hey, I read the BOSS ad book, and they SAID it doesn't affect your tone.
That's all the convincing I need.

>.>
I once plugged into a 20 watt crate practice amp with a Boss TU2 in my signal path. One of my friends who doesn't play guitar or care about tone at all said it sounded "colder" than before, without the pedal. That was enough to make me hate Boss... well, I also owned a Metal Zone and a DS 1, those were tone suckers too.
I am going to go with the Artec pedal. See how it works. This post isn't dead yet. Because after me F***ing around with it when I get it, I am sure I will ask for optimal settings

Thanks to everyone who responded!
Gibson ES-339