K well i wanna get a schecter with emg pickups.. Just i dunno which ones would be better.. i like to play the heavy metal and stuff in low tunings(drop C, drop B) but i want somthing that will still sound good clean.. but is still an emg.. i was looking at a schecter devil custom with EMG 81/85 and i've heard it played on youtube and i like it.. just want your opinions though too..

Genre: Metal(black,death,nu ect ect) Any kind of rock(hard,punk ect ect)

Budget: Under $800.. but if so will go up to $1000(CANADIAN) and preferably a gibson,esp, jackson or schecter... or an ibanez

Don't really care about the colour or anything just nothing extremly bright(like yellow)

Preferably a rosewood fretboard and 1 volume 1 tone knob(don't like dual volume knobs)

No floyd rose.. only fixed bridge
Well, an 89 sounds almost like an 85, but can be coil-split. So, the 81/89 is more versatile.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I would suggest maybe the ESP EC-500 series, I have the limited edition Clock/Zombie. Anyhow they play great and the tune-o-matic bridge is awesome. They fit your budget too!
the 60 is great for cleans, and the 81 is great for rhythms/leads. If you want a versatile combination, i heard the 85/60 combo is great. I have the 81/60 in my Jackson King V, and they sound great through my Randall RM80. Idk what guitar comes with that, but as long as it is EMG equipped, you can put any of them in there, except the 89 which requires more work.

good luck.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
I know it may sound wierd but i use 85 in the bridge and 60 in the neck. Thats MY personal taste and it gives me my own personal tone.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by AmericanParadox
I know it may sound wierd but i use 85 in the bridge and 60 in the neck. Thats MY personal taste and it gives me my own personal tone.

Using an 85 in the bridge isn't that odd. It sounds like you've got a good setup for doing more vintage tones with actives then the more common 81/85 or 81/60.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
Using an 85 in the bridge isn't that odd. It sounds like you've got a good setup for doing more vintage tones with actives then the more common 81/85 or 81/60.

Yeah, its the only combination of EMG's i like. Otherwise, I hate them.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
I would just put that money into a new amp active pickups and solid state amps don't mix trust me i used to have a spider to. Good luck with whatever you choose. Ben
New Gear Fund £155/£???
My word of warning is that there is a pretty considerable (read: HUGE) volume drop on the coil split of the 89. However if you want it for cleaning up the sound it might be a good thing.
A shecter buyer!

WOOT

Buy a hellraiser and put in a jb/jazz like I did.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Im currently running a 81/89 setup on my ESP. Its fit my needs quite well. I get my br00talz from the 81, blues rhythm and such from the 89 and then when split I have my cleans.. The 60 is a better option for the cleans but for versatility I like the 89 since I can still keep things dirty when I want it.