God, it's been awhile since I've posted here. Not that anybody actually remembers me or my songs.

Anyways, whether you know me or not, I'm back with some new material! Wooo!

It's okay, I'm excited too!

Bad attempts at humor aside, this is a fairly new piece I recently wrote, demoed, and inserted into my band's repetoire. It took about 2 weeks, and I'm pretty satisfied with the results.

Unfortunately, for this tune I've abandoned the acrimoniously silly 11-minute shove-every-style-I-can-play-in-the-pot nonsense in favor of a more condensed 5 minute shove-half-the-styles-I-can-play-in-the-pot formula.

However, my latent musical ADD remains. The song ranges from Enter Shikari-esque post-hardcore trance fests to blast beat passages ripped straight from Planetary Duality, and even to an electric piano passage that brings the Postal Service to mind.

So, please, enjoy.

I will be glad to return the favor for all critques, just leave a link and I'll try to get back to you in a timely fashion. If not, feel free to castrate me.

Cheers!
Attachments:
If Edwards is Dead, I Want His Cupcake!.zip
I actually really dig this song. It's got a cool feel to it in some parts.

I want to hear it recorded with actual instruments.
I have no idea how you managed to make this song work. But somehow you did, and not only did you manage to make it work, but you managed to also make it an enjoyable listen.

I know this isn't a proper crit, but honestly I just can't think of any real way of giving you one. I enjoyed it start to finish, everything somehow worked, and nothing really stood out as being bad. That rock riff section at 60 or so was my favorite though. Right up my alley.
Well, s**t! I'd like to thank you for your crit on my song. I'd also like to crit your song for you. But I honestly don't know what to say. I loved it. Reminds me a bit of a more awsome version of Attack! Attack!

But I really don't knnow what to say, nothing was bad. I love mixing styles and you did it beautifully. 10/10 Record this as soon as possible!
I was kinda hesitant to check it out because of the title, but this stuff is sounding tight.

The way you stringed all these different musical styles and emotions together reminded me of BTBAM, which is always a good thing. The only things I didn't really like about it was the deathcore breakdown in bar 41, and the mathcore breakdown in bar 105.

Overall though, great composing, and the solo in bar 130 is ace.
i dont really like this kind of stuff, but heres a few things, it has a lot of breakdowns and they could be more creative, the riff at 59 on sounds a lot like a BTBAM riff, i forget where, but it sounds very similar, the ending is nice though, i like that, overall its pretty good if you like bands that do this stuff
Quote by strq010
this guy, Nihil, is currently my hero.

Quote by clincher09
Why is Jesus a dinosaur?
Where did you get that name from?
I know I've heard somewhere else before.

The style of syncing everything under the sun together with no little or hiccups in the grand scheme of things is very BTBAM. Hell, that's the definition of BTBAM.

I do agree with Piratemetalhead about the deathcore breakdown at bar 41; it's been done far too many times. The other breakdown didn't really bother me as much.

Everything else was exceptional. The atmosphere, the pacing, and that solo was fantastic. It's a bit difficult to crit something that is great. I don't really have any other angle or bone to pick with you about this song. I guess it's like BTBAM without ever sounding derivative or contrived (aside from the deathcore part).
I do honestly feel that, as you've created a monster all your own.

I would like a C4C senor. This song is very meat and potatoes, but I like it. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1220985
Its really good. The sections definently are really different, but they flow together, (or do just the opposite in some cases) well enough to make it sound like it fits. Though there're a few parts I didn't like, the -core breakdowns were boring and out of place. They've been done to death and back... And back again. So the song could do with those.

Also the electric piano parts were just meh. But other then those few parts I didn't like, I loved it all. I too suffer from musicial ADD, though not as bad as yours XD

Anyways, heres my C4C, crit it or die. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1216944
I hate all kind of odd music. But this is cool! It has some crappy parts, but got to say that this really suprised me! It altough has many very annoying parts.

Before critting got to say it was overall pretty ridicolous. However it had so ****ing good parts!

First riffs with keyboards were just too odd for me. Can't understand anything like this.

10-36.. Awesome work!

49-58..Gah....

Ah now this awesome rocking part! Awesome, awesome..

next part turned me off again. Doesn't fit the song.

Next two parts were just noice for me.

Keyboard part were awesome!

Nice solo

And the part after it is nice too.

There you go.
7/10.
Love the scrubs reference in the title.

Can't think of anything bad to say about it, great work.
im sorry but im not going to leave a proper crit responce because that was just TOOOOOOO ****ING AWESOME for words, i loved it, nuff said
beauuutttiful,
just my kind of thing,
really creative riffs and structure.
somehow you managed to make some of it catchy too.
would be awesome with real instruments.
bar 59 is just too funky
very BTBAM-esque.
not much to crit, other than maybe trying to bring back some riffs and make it a
wee bit more structured in terms of traditional song-writing, but prog isn't traditional
so you know.

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1222106
Quote by pentagram_man63
I played a G on the 3rd fret e string and ask:

"What note is this?"

"... Three"