Page 1 of 2
i think it looks like a piece of candy
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
I never was a fan of SGs. Not balanced very well and they lack the sustain of the Les Paul.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

wow that guitar looks really cheap. i find really insane designs make guitars look worse not better.
Woah. That does look awesome, IMO.
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." -Frank Zappa
Quote by ajreciever14
i think it looks like a piece of candy

Like one of those old school big loli-pops.

I wanna loli-pop!
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
We just had this. God damn.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
i kinda like SG's but that thing is just ugly
Quote by lexaah
so if i strum a few strings with mah wang it's not cool, but if morello does it, it's ok?
They are 1200 dollars on Musicians Friend. I'll think about getting a USED (or on sale) Rainbow one. I'll have to try them out though, the wood worries me.
Quote by slash4114
I never was a fan of SGs. Not balanced very well and they lack the sustain of the Les Paul.

lack the sustain of a les paul??? whaaat?
and to the point thts pretty cool actually. kinda reminds me of the beatles rocky strat
What the finna? SGs got mad sustain.

It kinda seems like a Gibson attempt at making an SG that wants to be a Dano. A Dano mixed with jawbreaker.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Dear Gibson,

Please stop raping my eyes.I need them to see.We all know that the chimps are cheap labor,but they really shouldn't be used in the design department.

Sincerely,

Pr0gNut

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

looks awesome but overpriced. I'm sure it doesn't sound as good as it looks
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Quote by riffmasterjosh
looks awesome but overpriced. I'm sure it doesn't sound as good as it looks

1200 for a Gibson? Pretty cheap in my opinion. I was waiting for them to charge in the $2-3000 range.
I like SG's a lot, but that guitar is like taking LSD then looking at a lollipop.
Epiphone G-400
Roland Cube 30X
Lol I just looked on musician's friend a while ago....this thing sells for $1200 or something thats.....really cheap...considering...special model...Gibson and all....
holy crap it must suck has anyone tried one yet? how does it sound?
Quote by siverstorm
Lol I just looked on musician's friend a while ago....this thing sells for $1200 or something thats.....really cheap...considering...special model...Gibson and all....
holy crap it must suck has anyone tried one yet? how does it sound?

It ceartainly is a strange choice for wood (probs the only one that worked with the color combinations). I'm sure Gibson knows atleast not to put something out that is COMPLETELY CRAP for the entire line.
There's already a thread about this guitar
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by slash4114
I hate my SG It's the most uncomfortable thing to play ever (well actually some of those lame metalhead guitars probably would be worse but I haven't played one.)
Some of them color combos look ok. I would be a little nervous about the body being laminated wood. But it should hold up. Some of my rifles have laminated stocks and i have had no problem at all. And they get wet and stuff like that. I dunno, i would never want one of those guitars. i prefer more subtle and plain i guess.
I wonder how all them strips of wood laminated together are for the tone? I wonder if it has any negative effects besides the possibility of it coming unglued and falling apart?
the first time i saw this i didnt realize there were other color combinations. when i saw the rainbow one i sat there wondering what possesed gibson to make a guitar that ugly. most of the other colors look ok though, especially the 3 with black in them. a little too out there for my taste constructionwise (not too sure on the laminate), but ill reserve full judgment until i try one. which i probably wont because they look too odd.
Oh. My. Jesus.

That is the ugliest hunk of **** Gibson has ever put out....And thats saying a lot...Like I'd rather play a reverse V or explorer..Who is running this company now?? Willy Wonka?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Usually I hate people who do this, but it needs saying.

USE THE DAMN SEARCHBAR.

Edit; Also;

http://www.sweetwater.com/guitargallery/electric/whatsnew/s019090316/

I like it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by necrosis1193
Usually I hate people who do this, but it needs saying.

USE THE DAMN SEARCHBAR.

Edit; Also;

http://www.sweetwater.com/guitargallery/electric/whatsnew/s019090316/

I like it.

I actually like the black and natural color scheme model..........

I still same the rainbow model looks horrible though

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
I actually like the black and natural color scheme model..........

I still same the rainbow model looks horrible though

XD Agreed, though all things considered these finishes are very much hit-and-miss. Still though, see-thru pickups = love, which I think is agreeable.

Wonder how all those layers of wood will sound though.

Quote by necrosis1193
XD Agreed, though all things considered these finishes are very much hit-and-miss. Still though, see-thru pickups = love, which I think is agreeable.

Wonder how all those layers of wood will sound though.

Yeah,that's a lot of glue and density changes for sure (unless the individual pieces aren't glues together,not sure how they built it).I think that only time will tell how the sound,but I'm honestly not expecting much.I've played too many crap Gibson models in that price range to hold out any hope for something amazing .I personally think the finishes are gimmicky and a bit weird,but then again I think an SG should just be a nice cherry color or something with a figured top like the Supreme series.

Quote by mcraddict81592
Oh. My. Jesus.

That is the ugliest hunk of **** Gibson has ever put out....And thats saying a lot...Like I'd rather play a reverse V or explorer..Who is running this company now?? Willy Wonka?

Took another look at this guitar, and I have to say, it looks uglier than before.
There be no shelter here.
Last edited by courtkid1012 at Aug 7, 2009,
Quote by Pr0gNut
Yeah,that's a lot of glue and density changes for sure (unless the individual pieces aren't glues together,not sure how they built it).I think that only time will tell how the sound,but I'm honestly not expecting much.I've played too many crap Gibson models in that price range to hold out any hope for something amazing .I personally think the finishes are gimmicky and a bit weird,but then again I think an SG should just be a nice cherry color or something with a figured top like the Supreme series.

Agreed, especially since at-the-moment the SG Standard is the same price. Still though, the Gibson SG Classic kicks ass so I have some hope for it. I can't see it beating it's competition in that pricerange though.

For all the **** alot of people are giving the Zoot, i'm willing to bet that if you bought the rainbow one (especially the friggin' rainbow one) and just left it in a case, forgot about it for 20 or 30 years, i can see this one being one of those gibson models that winds up wbeing worth a TON later on. Think about it: it's more than likely not gonna sell too well because of the general opinion of it, it's friggin *weird* (read: distinctive), and if you look at the pattern of obscure-ish guitars that got popular, Guitars like the Airline Resoglas, that sounded like **** and were made of inferior materials.. all it takes is one famous person to 'discover' it and bam, instant price explosion.

Daily player? i vote stupid.
Collectors item though?
Page 1 of 2