so i wanna learn how to sweep pick real well and im just getting started

what are some songs with some easy sweep picking i can start on?
i started with bat ountry by avenged sevenfold but its the hardest technique iv learned so far took me a year to get it
Check out my YouTube Videos
http:
//www.youtube.com/user/callamanster
Dethklok - Duncan Hills Coffe Jingle.
It's what i started with. There's a great tab and even an instructional video on youtube featuring skwisgaar himself.
After that you can pretty much jump into Psalms of Lydia and Jason Becker.
You just need to get the feel for it down and then just practice as many different arpeggios as you can.

Oh and. Sweep picking will rape you if you don't use a metronome.
haha thank you very much.. and id rather not be raped so will have to use my metronome for once x.x
I made my technique really good with the sweeping excercises from Speed Kills 2 and some yngwie malmsteen
George Bernard Shaw

Hell is full of musical amateurs.
Your Better off Starting with 3 string sweeps, then do hammer-ons, then 4 string sweeps, then with hammer-ons etc But if You've already got a grasp of it, trying the sweep solo to Pray For Plagues - Bring Me The Horizon. You May Not be Particuarly Fond of them or that song, neither am i, but it has 5 string sweeps with hammer-ons and some difficult stretches, at a reasonable speed that youll be able to play. The hardest Part is resisting the urge to pick every note
Learn the technique before learning songs with sweeps in them in order to play them cleanly. Start with the basic 3-string major and minor shapes. Once you get those down, try using 5 strings and finally 6 strings (4-string sweeps are uncommon, but learn them anyways). Make sure you use proper muting so that the notes come out cleanly. Mute the strings higher than the one you're playing with your left hand fingers with out fretting them. Mute the strings lower than the one you're playing with your right palm (or thumb). Don't mute the string you're playing. Practice slowly at first, with a metronome.
its not the best to start learning sweeps by songs...i started with small sweeps exercises,you have to play them very very slow at the point you can play it correct and then start to speed up...i got the terrifying technique book and it have a lot of sweeps easy and hard ones...anyway sweeps needs a lot of practice to built up...dont exept to play fast sweeps in time less that 6 months
Quote by Amer91
Learn the technique before learning songs with sweeps in them in order to play them cleanly. Start with the basic 3-string major and minor shapes. Once you get those down, try using 5 strings and finally 6 strings (4-string sweeps are uncommon, but learn them anyways). Make sure you use proper muting so that the notes come out cleanly. Mute the strings higher than the one you're playing with your left hand fingers with out fretting them. Mute the strings lower than the one you're playing with your right palm (or thumb). Don't mute the string you're playing. Practice slowly at first, with a metronome.
absolutely right i did the same and saw an advance to my techique