Page 1 of 4
well, today my friend jim told me something he found out about his parents. he came home early from work yesterday and found his dad with another woman, not his mom, in the house. it obviously looked like his dad was cheating on his mom, until his dad told the woman to leave.

jims dad told him that he and his mother's marriage was an "open relationship" type marriage, meaning they can have other sexual partners. his parents were hardcore hippies back in their day, so that might help explain this situation. jims mom also agreed with what his dad said, and didnt seem angry at all that he was with another woman. she even admitted to having 2 or 3 other occasional partners.

at first, i thought he was kidding when he told me, but seeing how ****ed up he is right now is heartbreaking. he doesnt know what to think anymore, and hes even questioned his whole upbringing under his parents. does anyone have any similar stories concerning this rare unusual relationship? i think its ****ed up personally, if you need an open relationship to make a marriage work, you shouldnt be married to the person.
DECRESCENDO
my avatar approves of the open marriage.
I have no opinion on this matter.
And the difference between them and you?

They're getting some.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
I thought my parents were the only ones attending swinger parties...
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
thats amazing.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by BlackandSilver

They're getting some.

so you'd be okay with another guy having sex with your wife?
DECRESCENDO
That's pretty screwed up. I don't mind if people do it, but don't be so selfish as to have kids and continue to do it
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by neidnarb11890
It's their choice. Your opinion is irrelevant.

FREE LOVE!

so if it works for them, who gives a **** about the kids? people like this make me sick
Quote by StewieSwan
That's pretty screwed up. I don't mind if people do it, but don't be so selfish as to have kids and continue to do it

Yeah, the kids want some, too.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by CrabSoldier X
so you'd be okay with another guy having sex with your wife?

It doesn't matter if he is or if you are. It's between the husband and wife. Don't flip your wig over it.
Quote by BlackandSilver

They're getting some.

Win.
Quote by Karvid
Yeah, the kids want some, too.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Problem with your opinion: sex does NOT equal love.

Just because you **** somebody, doesn't mean you love that person, and vice versa.

I see extra-marital sex in an open relationship like that as being akin to masturbation.

Your friend should realize that his parents still love him, and nothing between him and them has to change.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Swingers
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW

Just because you **** somebody, doesn't mean you love that person, and vice versa.

I see extra-marital sex in an open relationship like that as being akin to masturbation.

Your friend should realize that his parents still love him, and nothing between him and them has to change.

What this guy said.
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW

this
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW

You're a smart man.
Hardcore hippies so they've gotta be what, 50. Nasty.

EDIT: Ha there's a sort of relevant episode of South Park on now.
Last edited by blackflag49 at Aug 5, 2009,
I bet TS is his friend.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Well the thing is broski, some people can truly be in love with someone while still having different sexual partners. Monogamy is a very fluid concept, and the fact that a marriage and love has to be monogamous is even more so. The difference between love and lust is a great thing. You lust over other people even while being in love, just most people dont act upon it, so why is it so taboo to think that two people cant love each other yet agree upon a relationship where an open sexuality is perfectly acceptable?
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
I'd be all for it if they were just together without marriage but it's not the case. With marriage comes a lifelong commitment and you shouldn't be a part of it if you're going to disregard the boundaries of a normal marriage.

Who are you to say what normal is? What is normal to you may not be the case for someone else.
they were hippies back in the day? they must be old then

if i was jim i would let it go, i dont insult my mom for having a boyfriend
Quote by music_mike
Who are you to say what normal is? What is normal to you may not be the case for someone else.

I just think married couple should abide by the rules of marriage or not be a part of that ritual. It's not like they're being forced into marriage, so why bother if you're going to disregard the traditions?
Quote by BlackandSilver

They're getting some.

oh god
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Fucking hippies.

FTFW!

Dude, why bother over something you can't control. That sucks, but it is what it is.
RIP Terje (Valfar) Bakken
Quote by herman ri2
Tell your friends mom that I need my Iron Maiden shirt and underwear back by Monday.

lol.

Also. I have totally different views than your friend's parents. But I would only let the fact that your friend is upset bother me rather than the actions of his parents.
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
I just think married couple should abide by the rules of marriage or not be a part of that ritual. It's not like they're being forced into marriage, so why bother if you're going to disregard the traditions?

Who sets these "rules" in the first place?

I don't have a problem with their choice to be in an open relationship (as it's none of my business), but I think they should have told him or something. Finding out that way is bad for all sorts of reasons.
To be honest, if I found out that my parents were in an "open relationship", I would never see them the same way again. I don't think I could ever forgive them.

Say what you want about it being their choice and everything, and hey, you're probably right. If they are both OK with it, then I guess I would say it's no big deal. But if it were me in that situation, I'd be seriously pissed off and upset. I'm not gonna lie.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit

Well, it was traditional for women to always stay at home and tend to the children in a marriage, and now that "tradition" is fading.

Traditionally, people of the same sex can't get married. They still can't in most places, but slowly that "tradition" is fading.

Plus, marriage is between two people who love each other, and as I said before, having sex with someone doesn't mean you love them.

Of all the girls I've had sex with, I haven't loved any of them, and they haven't loved me, and there is nothing wrong with that.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
I don't much care what they do but it's ****ed up and highly inconsiderate to let your kid find out in that manner. That's not even debatable.
Quote by blackflag49
I don't much care what they do but it's ****ed up and highly inconsiderate to let your kid find out in that manner. That's not even debatable.

No, it isn't debatable.

That's where the parents ****ed up.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Page 1 of 4