Im going to be buying a ceriatone JCM 800 kit, and i was wondering wether it would be cheaper to buy everything from Nik, or get the OT, PT, and choke seperate? The shipping is alot for heavy things to the USA.

If it would be cheaper please reccommend me a site to get the OT, PT, and choke, i dont know anything about amps, this will be my 1st build.
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Schecter c-1 FR prototype (for sale)
Squier strat

VOTE FOR MY BAND TO PLAY WARPED TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.battleofthebands/darkestbeforedawn
allright i will, and will the train wreck express do metal? because i play thrash..
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Squier strat

mmhmm. This is like tackling everest with a doona and a kitchen knife.

Get yourself a proper set of skills first. Build a 5e3 or a champ. Everyone loves them. And if you have no use for a clean amp, learn a few new songs and broaden your musical horizon.
Bah. the jcm 800 was my first build and it worked pretty good for a first build. Oddly enough i learned more about amps interworkings with a 18watt superlite build i did. My only advice is to read as much as you can and learn from forums and stuff before building anything but the JCM isnt as hard a build as some think. Its the trouble shooting that gets you.
Well really you can start with any build. I just think doing a big large push pull amp like a JCM isn't the best place to start.

The line " i dont know anything about amps, this will be my 1st build." just kinda made me nervous. When I first started I was out in "left field" as well but I was building a tiny little amp.
^I do agree and I was thinking the same when i read the line about his inexperience. For me it was the trouble shooting that got me all confused. If you get a good layout its pretty straightforward but understanding why certain things do what, is where i was lost at first. That superlite build really helped overcome some hurdles but there is so much more i want to learn. I'm almost tempted to build some ax84 stuff to learn even more. I guess i just work bacwards or something Musta hit my head too much as a child.
Quote by shawnsblues2
Build the trainwreck express clone! Its a much better amp!
no u.

Seriously, d00d. How many amps have you built?
Or did you just think is would be kewl to say TrainWreck!

Quote by kurtlives91
Well really you can start with any build. I just think doing a big large push pull amp like a JCM isn't the best place to start.

The line " i dont know anything about amps, this will be my 1st build." just kinda made me nervous. When I first started I was out in "left field" as well but I was building a tiny little amp.
Yeah, pretty much. A Champ clone or a Princeton (no reverb) would be a nice place to start, imho.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Well my dad will be helping me with it and he has been a mechanical engineer for the past 17 years so i think we will be able to do it.
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Squier strat

Awesome! Father-son projects are the bomb.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Yeah, I think it will be worth it. It will end up being like 650$ for everything, with out the head box or tubes.... Would it be better to buy a JCM 900 then? I was going to put KT-77s in it for more lowend, can that be done on a JCM 900?
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Squier strat

In my experience the JCM 900 wasnt as good as the 800. I think marshall got it right with the 800. I have kt77's in my 800 and it gets plenty of low end. There are also a few mods you can do to curb some treble, but first thing is to get the original layout working and see how you like it. But in my opinion you dont buy amp kits to save money, you buy them to learn how to build amps.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Awesome! Father-son projects are the bomb.

you obviously have never met my father.