i am left handed but i play guitar right handed and seems that my picking is now more faster that last monht but i want my picking much faster i nkow some left handed guitarist that plays right handed guitar like steve mores and is it good that i choose to play right handed guitar or maybe i should be ambidextrous to get my picking much faster and i have a problem with my left handed pinky finger when the ti me i use it it sometimes kinda feels wrong but i think i need more practice^_^ hello to all left handed that plays right handed guitar and hope you best

equipment
BARCLAY guitar made in japan
amp with distortion
Last edited by yhuji123 at Aug 5, 2009,
i say do whatever is most comfortable for YOU. and with your pinkey. just work it. it'll eventually work.
Quote by CJE
I punched my friend out of a desk and yelled "FATALITY."
Best. Study hall. Evar.
Or like the time I yelled out "WHY DOES IT BURN WHEN I PEEEEEEEE????"
Best. Library time. Evar.

Quote by slaveofsatan
I yelled "I leik t3h mudkipz" in my grade 9 orientation.
Im left handed and play right and the way I think about it is if you use your left hand for most life actions why not use it as the fret hand which in most cases has a harder job during playing than a picking hand.
no its true i see herman li saddling up a dragon as we speak.
also, if you misspell improv again, your next child will be born retarded

an argument over the blues ^^
Hey

This is the FAQ. It can help you with things like creating signatures, that way you can put your gear in there, rather than typing it in at the end of a post. Also, we have a stickied thread at the top of this forum, for introductions, so feel free to post yours in there.

If you want to talk to more users about playing left handed on tehniques and stuff, then go to the Guitar Techniques forum, you will get more and better responses over there about your playing than here, as this particular forum is just for user introductions and for members to ask qeustions about the site.

Welcome to UG