Right, so i was tuning down the high E string the other day, and all of a sudden it snapped. This makes no sense because by tuning down your putting less pressure on the string, giving it no reason to snap, i got new strings now but this has happened once before and im still like WTF! Can anyone explain this?
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

I play a Schecter

Quote by Iriathz
I love you.
Have all my life's future earnings.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
Just how loose is your urethra?

Quote by shavorules42
I have a 6 inch gauge in it, so I can cockdock so I'd say loose enough.
Not really.
I'm guessing if you release the tension on it too quickly then it'll break for some reason I'm unsure of...
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
sharp bridge saddle?
1982 Gibson Firebrand "The SG" Deluxe
Blackstar HT-1R | Line 6 M5 | Malekko Omicron Fuzz | Behringer SF300 Super-Fuzz | Morpheus DropTune | TC Ditto Looper
where did the string break? if it was at the bridge you could have a sharp edge on your saddle and if was at the neck it could have gotten caught in the nut, tuner or string tree. or maybe you just accidently turned the post the wrong way, i know ive done that before.
it broke about the middle of the string, my string were a bit old, they'd gone black and they'd been on there for about 6 months but still i was taking pressure off of it.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

I play a Schecter

Quote by Iriathz
I love you.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Quote by shavorules42
Not really.
Yeh i know 6 months is bad, i spose it could be because of that. Meh thanks people (Y)

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

I play a Schecter

Quote by Iriathz
I love you.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Quote by shavorules42
Not really.
Quote by David Collins
Your strings had been on 6 months?

There's nothing wrong with your guitar that caused this, or your strings. They break when they get old. That's just what they do.

That's nothing I had my strings on my strat for 8 years before replacing them. A little hard to get them out of the bridge, but it was fine afterwords.
Quote by teethdude
That's nothing I had my strings on my strat for 8 years before replacing them. A little hard to get them out of the bridge, but it was fine afterwords.

Strings lose their tone in about three months.