I work at a playscheme for 8-13 year olds, and as a result of the Recession and all that crap there's been a hell of a lot of budget cuts within the playscheme itself. (£14,000 of funding to be precise.) This means we have no bus budget to take the kids on trips anywhere. If we do want to take them on trips we have to get the kids to pay for the majority of it. We also have no Arts and Crafts budget. So we have to make do with the very little we have to begin with for 4 weeks. We also have very little for the kids to do sportwise. However, we learnt yesterday that the disabled playscheme are able to take their kids on trips 4 times a week fully paid for for them by the council, and they still have a hell of a lot of funding and better equipment. Despite being run by the same people. Yes I understand they're disabled but I hardly think it's fair that our kids should have to make do with such poor quality things.
So I pose 2 issues. Does the pit have any suggestions for games you used to play as a child.
And do you think I should risk my job by complaining to the head boss that I think we're being treated unfairly and asked to work well outside of our means.
Also we usually organise an outdoor events type thing, which we were promised £500 to help set up this year. However, our boss has turned around and said no we can't have it anymore.

So thoughts?
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
I used to space out as a child.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Maybe you guys could have a sing along? If you play an instrument?
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Naked Twister.

Beer pong.

Strip poker.

I have more where those came from.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Red Rover

Hot Potato

Never Have I Ever (with candy)
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by blackflag49
Play 7 up

Hahaha win.

But seriously whoever suggested a singalong had a great idea. I mean, you are on UG, it's not far-out to assume you play something.
teach them guitar. haha

edit: jump rope, tag, freeze tag!, hide and seek, red light green light
Quote by Le_Bunny
LE shoop? It must be rad. And yes, I see potential.

P.S. nobody google 'man train'.

Bring your guitar and sing songs. Or just play those sorts of games where you don't need any props or anything (mafia, etc.)

Also, you could complain, but I doubt it would do much good. People always cut funding for normal/smart kids so they can spend it on teaching retards to eat applesauce.
kill all humans
Maybe you could set up some kind of donation fund? People always seem to donate money when they hear kids are involved.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Bring your guitar and sing songs.

Also, you could complain, but I doubt it would do much good. People always cut funding for normal/smart kids so they can spend it on teaching retards to eat applesauce.

Sounds like something out of a pro-eugenics pamphlet
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by alaskan_ninja

I know a kid named applesauce. He was a queer loud fellow.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
we played Ispy alot, sometimes heads up seven up maybe mother may I but i think that ones a little outdated
Frontbassman sucks in the nicest way possible

Kevin and Kelsey 12-03-2007

Quote by Dirge Humani
Oh, and why exactly are the retards and less-retards separated? In my town, everyone is in the same group. Probably saves money.

They're Special-Needs students with special needs.

You can't teach 'em the same thing.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Teach them all an instrument and go worldwide making epic music.
ಠ_ಠ

Notice how I have not quoted anyone, you could be the first! Make me lol!

198th person with a llama in a sig!

I unfortunately witnessed The Night of The Pear II
Do you honestly think you will be canned if you simply just talk to your boss about these budget cuts? Sounds to me like you're being f*cked in the anus so at least give your opinion.
Quote by afromonkeyR0X
Actually, this. Buy each of them a set of bongos and rawk out. You could easily recoup the costs via touring.
kill all humans
Quote by Dirge Humani
Sure you can. Any child will appreciate 7-up, and any physically able child will have fun with a frisbee or a kickball. You don't exactly need to be a rocket scientist to have fun as a kid.

Yeah, that's in the fun part, but when teaching time comes, they're gonna have to be separated.

EDIT: Also, children can be cruel, and pick on others for being different. That would be devastating for any child, let alone one with a severe handicap.

Hell, I was bullied just for my (unusual) last name, and even that affected me, although slightly (it helped me get on a path that lead to anger and bitterness)
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Last edited by ExtremeMetalFTW at Aug 5, 2009,
Quote by afromonkeyR0X

This is really you're only choice. Make them famous and rich. Then they can go to the zoo whenever they want!
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Yeah, that's in the fun part, but when teaching time comes, they're gonna have to be separated.

EDIT: Also, children can be cruel, and pick on others for being different. That would be devastating for any child, let alone one with a severe handicap.

Hell, I was bullied just for my (unusual) last name, and even that affected me, although slightly (it helped me get on a path that lead to anger and bitterness)

Okay, now you have to share it with us...
Quote by schmyler_taly
Okay, now you have to share it with us...

Oaxaca

It's not like I'm ashamed of it or anything. I just got tired of stupid white kids making fun of me, so I beat them up.

That landed me in anger management, where I became very reserved and quiet as I pent up all my anger and aggression due to their teaching methods.

This anger boiled and made me a bitter teenager. I am slowly overcoming my bitterness out of sheer will power, but it isn't easy and I still have a long way to go.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Oaxaca

Really?

Did you explain that it's a freaking city?
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by sneyob

Really?

Did you explain that it's a freaking city?

And a state, and that it's Nahuatl for "Land of the Gourds", but stupid white kids will be stupid white kids.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Don't worry about them. They will grow up to be tools and have children that could never satisfy a parent that is a true man.
Quote by xItsGilbertYox
teach them guitar. haha

edit: jump rope, tag, freeze tag!, hide and seek, red light green light

octopus, poison ball, shore-shark-ship
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Actually, this. Buy each of them a set of bongos and rawk out. You could easily recoup the costs via touring.

you could also MAKE the bongoes out of old pieces of pipe (found at hardware stores, they rend to give them away) or larger containers.
Last edited by mdwallin at Aug 5, 2009,
Tl;Dr

Surprised no one posted the pedo bear yet.
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
Quote by mdwallin

you could also MAKE the bongoes out of old pieces of pipe (found at hardware stores, they rend to give them away) or larger containers.

This^^ Then get them to play along with you..

Gear

Tokai FA70 (My Korean ES-175)

Amplitube

Artisan 30 fund: £50/£1200