Page 1 of 3
It seems to be the great era in Australian metal. We have bands like Ne Obliviscaris, Empyrean, Be'lakor, Virgin Black, Aeternitas, Deströyer 666, Sedition, Nazxul, The Berzerker, The Amenta, and numerous others.

Brisbane has produced two of my favourite aussie bands, namely Aeternitas and Empyrean. It also happens to be the home of Soul Solitude, a band that I quite enjoy.

So far they have nothing released, but that will hopefully change in the next few weeks. For the meantime however, the old myspace provides 5 songs for your (and my) listening pleasure.

Thus, without further ado, I present to you Soul Solitude
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
Well it's either a German band that are decent but nothing special, or it's one of Maggie's many projects (the exact number of which I lost count a long time ago), which just happens to be rather quite brilliant.

That's what an Aeternitas is.
You whore out Mag more than his pimp does.

Also, any vocals from this band? or all ambient stuff?

Although, it's still very good.
I'm pretty sure there are vocals on a couple of the tracks, just buried in the mix. As the myspace says, it's all demo quality.

And as for the whoring out Mag, I only do it with Aeternitas, and that's because they really are quite good.
HAHA! a thread on my band! HAHAHA!!! thanks taydr
"We carry death out of the village!"
They get around...

Ah, I can hear them just a little on Weakening Souls.

Curses, it seems i've been tricked...all you aussies are linked together somehow..
Last edited by severed-metal at Aug 5, 2009,
all the songs on the myspace are old. although im in the process of recording a new one now!

Weakening Souls and Misty Gallows arnt what i want soul solitude but i thought i may as well pu them up as i had nothing else!
Quote by severed-metal

Curses, it seems i've been tricked...all you aussies are linked together somehow..

I would agree with that statement if it wasn't for one small problem. I'm not an Aussie.
Meh, put more ambient stuff up. Along with vocals as well. Do you shriek? or purely growl?

EDIT: Really? Then what the hell are you? I thought you lived there...Apparently not! lol... sorry about that.
Last edited by severed-metal at Aug 5, 2009,
at the moment more of a low black metal shriek and Mikael esque growls
Quote by severed-metal
EDIT: Really? Then what the hell are you? I thought you lived there...Apparently not! lol... sorry about that.

Nein. I do however live next door to them. In the grand ol' arse of the world, New Zealand.
Ah, well, i'm not sure what 9 has to do with the occasion...but isn't it a little old to be called New Zealand? AMIRITE?

Sweet, well put up some more stuff then, i'd love to hear more. I like the piano sections quite a lot!
Marskell, I'm going to add you as my Myspace friend so you can enter the world of schmyler. Actually I'm doing this so I will never, ever ever ever ever forget about your band.
hahaha thanks! im going to take that as a compliment
new song has been uploaded! called Final Feeling
Oh wait, this is another UG band? Very nice Marksell, I'm enjoying Staring into the Eye of Death. Although, you spelt 'stareing' wrong, there's no 'e', haha.

Yes, the melodies in this track are great, really good stuff here.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
why thank you Freddaahh! they are quite old
These recordings are pretty solid. I'm looking forward to new stuff, with better production and such. Should be pretty awesome.
thanks man! i will check it out, when it is unblocked. i didnt know there were any folkish bands in aus... are there?
Yea, theres a actually a surprising amount of australian folk stuff-

I play in (major plugs btw)-

Troldhaugen (link in sig): rural folk metal (sort of like otyg, eluvietie)
Seventh Sword (www.myspace.com/seventhsword): Battle metal ala Turisas and Ensiferum
Menelvagor (www.myspace.com/menelvagorofficial): black symphonic tolkien folk like Summoning

Other good folk metal bands include (dunno their links, but you can find them easy enough)-

Bane of Isildur: viking in the style of Amon Amarth and Bathory
Ironwood: Prog folk, kinda like a mix of Tool and Agalloch
Perpeptual Dawn: Epic symphonic folk like Wintersun and Ensiferum

As I said, major plugs, but hey, you asked haha
interesting, sound like it's only like Ironwood

cant really stand all those 'happy' folk bands
Sorry for bumping my own thread but i have uploaded my first demo for download!

in other news i have also uploaded the latest artwork all edited and taken by myself!

mediafire
Last edited by Marskell at Sep 4, 2009,
i used on that demo the Reason drum program called Redrum but now i use both EZDrummer and Battery

thanks heaps for the kind words guys!
I heard a bass in Staring into the Eye of Death

btw, Final Feeling > the rest
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
2 brand new songs have been upload! i personally love For Now We Weep Alone!!

at this rate the demo should be out within the next 2 weeks! thanks so much for the support guys! if you can rec me around to your friends etc etc that would be amazing!!! !

- marshall
the album is written, and ready to record. im just waiting for my new gear to arrive so i can record. my home studio is starting to be like a home studio
Page 1 of 3