My Epi Firebird is strating to fail a bit(almost falling apart),so i talked to the gibson luthier close to where i live and they checked it.Apperantly the wood had some weird stuff going on in it vefore i got it(new),so they'll refund me 350$ for it.
My question is,what guitar should i get instead?
With the 350 i got about 550 bucks,i play my new Crate Palomino V8(and i love it),and i play mainly punk,alternative rock and hard rock.
I had my eyes on an awesome Epi Explorer near where i live,tried a few times and i like it.
I'd like to get some more suggestions please .
Punk,alt rock,and hard rock?

a 2 humbucker solid body like an LP,schecter (the duncan equipped models),washburn,or god knows how many other brands would work,but I'd go for an HSS strat personally.Are you looking to buy new or is the used market an option?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

i got an ibanez rg 350 mdx for about 470 canadian i like it but it depends on what suits you not what someone else says is better just try and play around with some of them at a local guitar centre (american) or long and mcquade (canadian) etc. and see what you like and sounds the best to you
Guitars

Dean Soltero USA
Gibson 2014 Les Paul Jr.
Epiphone Prophecy SG (GX? Red with Dirty Fingers?)
Quote by Pr0gNut
Punk,alt rock,and hard rock?

a 2 humbucker solid body like an LP,schecter (the duncan equipped models),washburn,or god knows how many other brands would work,but I'd go for an HSS strat personally.Are you looking to buy new or is the used market an option?

Thamls for the advice dude.
And i' gonna go new.