Hi, I have a question.
I am new to guitars. I love playing them but I dunno what is good and what is bad.
I am looking for a White fender strat? I didnt think they were too expensive but They seem to be. I have a Tom Delonge signiture fender strat and it sounds awesome! I just want a back up guitar. I had a squire which i thought sounded aweful. Can some one please give me a list of good guitars for around $200-$250.
It doesnt have to be fender i just like the look and the sound of the one I have now. Sorry if this doesnt make sense, i cant find the right wording right now lol
You can try something from www.rondomusic.com, their les paul copies are great, never tried the strat copies though. It probably won't be much better than your squire, maybe your squire just needs a nice setup? Or some cheap gfs pickups.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Well my squire just didnt sound right. The string had very bad vibrations and it just sounded terrible. I was wanting Fender Stratocaster with a Dimarzio X2N. Does anyone know how much something like that would cost?
Fender MIM strats wnet up to 550USd I think, plus the x2n would cost like 70, so it be over 600USD, when I just bought all the strat parts from guitarfetish.com for about 300, and it sounds and plays better than the MIM strat I used to have.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
Fender MIM strats wnet up to 550USd I think, plus the x2n would cost like 70, so it be over 600USD, when I just bought all the strat parts from guitarfetish.com for about 300, and it sounds and plays better than the MIM strat I used to have.

Really? So i could take a squire and put some strat parts on it and it would sound alot better? Sorry if thats a dumb question.. Like i said new to guitars
Quote by blink_me182
Well my squire just didnt sound right. The string had very bad vibrations and it just sounded terrible. I was wanting Fender Stratocaster with a Dimarzio X2N. Does anyone know how much something like that would cost?

Whatever the price of a humbucker routed strat and an X2N is.It depends on what strat you pick,since I'm pretty sure no strats come with an X2N stock,so you'd have to buy them separately and install the X2N.

Honestly,for $250,there isn't much out there to pick from,and even less if you want something nice.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by blink_me182

Used MIM generally go for betweein 200-300usd so you may get lucky their though the X2N will of course be more added cost on top.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Used MIM generally go for betweein 200-300usd so you may get lucky their though the X2N will of course be more added cost on top.

Oh ok well 200-300 is not bad at all. I will have to check into that.
Thanks everyone for the help
Quote by blink_me182
Really? So i could take a squire and put some strat parts on it and it would sound alot better? Sorry if thats a dumb question.. Like i said new to guitars

Well, it really depends on your amp for pickups.

But for instance, if you upgraded the tremelo, tuners and all the electronics(only if you do it yourself), if will play better, have better sustain, and stay in tune. A pickup change will benefit you, but it will even more if you have a decent tube amp. What amp do you play through?
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
Well, it really depends on your amp for pickups.

But for instance, if you upgraded the tremelo, tuners and all the electronics(only if you do it yourself), if will play better, have better sustain, and stay in tune. A pickup change will benefit you, but it will even more if you have a decent tube amp. What amp do you play through?

I have just a fender frontman 65 watt amp.
That's probably why you can get a good sound.

Frontmans are practice amps, so I'd hate to tell you, but eventually your gonna want a better amp. an amp upgrade would do you tons better than another strat.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
That's probably why you can get a good sound.

Frontmans are practice amps, so I'd hate to tell you, but eventually your gonna want a better amp. an amp upgrade would do you tons better than another strat.

Oh really? Ok well that helps then. But one question would something like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Stratocaster-MIM-Blackie-with-Maple-Neck_W0QQitemZ220461149434QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item3354822cfa&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
be better than a squire?
Quote by blink_me182
Oh really? Ok well that helps then. But one question would something like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Stratocaster-MIM-Blackie-with-Maple-Neck_W0QQitemZ220461149434QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item3354822cfa&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
be better than a squire?

It'd be better,but not by a lot IMO.Now,if you hunt around you ca sometimes find a warmoth strat for around $400,which will destroy an MIM strat as far as quality and playability go.Like this one for example:

Warmoth strat

Warmoth parts are made in the USA to the same standards as the higher end USA fender models.When you decide to look for a new strat I'd suggest saving a bit more and aiming for one of these.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
It'd be better,but not by a lot IMO.Now,if you hunt around you ca sometimes find a warmoth strat for around $400,which will destroy an MIM strat as far as quality and playability go.Like this one for example:

Warmoth strat

Warmoth parts are made in the USA to the same standards as the higher end USA fender models.When you decide to look for a new strat I'd suggest saving a bit more and aiming for one of these.

Ok cool. I like that guitar. It looks like im gonna have to save up a bit more, which is better than just settling for a ****y one. Thanks for the help man. Im definately going to use it!
Quote by blink_me182
Ok cool. I like that guitar. It looks like im gonna have to save up a bit more, which is better than just settling for a ****y one. Thanks for the help man. Im definately going to use it!

No problem.

There's also a Warmoth parts tele on Ebay right now for only $350.The body is a Squier that was made in '84,back when they were made in Japan to higher standards than they are today.It has a set of seymour duncan pups in it and it has a birdseye maple neck from warmoth with SS frets I believe.I think it also comes with a HSC.It might be worth checking out,if you like telecasters of course.