me and my band are covering sex on fire

but we always have trouble with the intro

in terms of the bass and the rythem guitar comming in

do u hav any tips???
Don't know the song, but I'll suggest having both of you playing it with a metronome.
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
please clarify what your problem is:
beginning at the same time? beginning with the same tempo?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
i would say as soon as you hear the end of the main riff the one at the start kick in with the rythym and the bass it just needs a lot of practice.

my band had the same problem with Know your enemy-Green day as the bass doesnt kick in till bout 10-11 bars in its just a matter of practice really.

Thats all i can really say to be honest practice makes perfect you will eventually get it.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Honestly? Practice, practice, practice. It really isn't too hard though, it's a bog standard 4/4 beat.

This.
Quote by Razgriz_101
i would say as soon as you hear the end of the main riff the one at the start kick in with the rythym and the bass it just needs a lot of practice.

my band had the same problem with Know your enemy-Green day as the bass doesnt kick in till bout 10-11 bars in its just a matter of practice really.

Thats all i can really say to be honest practice makes perfect you will eventually get it.

That song is even easier than Sex on Fire.... Sorry, but if you can't get that song right then you really need to practice playing on your own before playing with a band.

Just practice.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by druggietoad2k5
That song is even easier than Sex on Fire.... Sorry, but if you can't get that song right then you really need to practice playing on your own before playing with a band.

Just practice.

true true but me and the guitarist in my band arent that great and only started playing a couple of months ago, so its just one of those things and its our first band.So we can be afforded a little leeway in some areas.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Honestly? Practice, practice, practice. It really isn't too hard though, it's a bog standard 4/4 beat.

+3

KOL rarely is difficult.
count the repetitions the guitar does.

I have the same problem- I forget a lot when I should come in.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Do you mean you are having trouble coming in at the right bar? Or that you are having trouble coming in a bit too late/early?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
omg mate i had the same problem man ... u need to practice it ATLEAST 40 times man ... im not being funny, it is qquite a bugger ... just practice it to the song alot then do it in band practice, or, you can cover use somebody instead which is a much better song
Fender: Aerodyne Precision Bass
Squier: Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

BOSS: TU-2
BOSS: ODB-3
Jim Dunlop: Bass Wah Wah
Electro Harmonix: The Mole
Electro Harmonix: Bass Big Muff
Behringer: Bass Limiter Enchancer

Hartke: Kickback 12
Most KOL basslines are extremely easy man and this song isn't hard i'd say you need quite a bit of practice before being in a band.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.