Page 1 of 3
Hello

I'm going to a music festival and would like to drink about a liter of beer at 5%.
Will I be O.K to drive after about 4-5 hours? I will drink them relatively fast and not throughout the whole time I'll be there.

Thanks for any advice

ॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐ
Quote by dannyisokay
It's our little online utopia where we smoke with folks from the far corners of the world and say things like "I'm high, heheehehe."

Quote by Ed Hunter

Thoughts about new naked airport scanner?

^
Quote by nightraven
brb applying for job at airport

Depends on the beer.

EDIT:

The formula for calculating standard drinks:

Volume of container in litres

X

% alcohol by volume (ml/100ml)

X

0.789*

=

The number of standard drinks.

Each standard drink takes an hour to be pissed out, so if you have 5 standard drinks worth, you'll have to wait five hours until you can drive.
Last edited by soulflyV at Aug 5, 2009,
For the safety of others don't.
Quote by Dayman
It's your duty, son. You some kinda commie, not servin' yer country?
I'm telling FOX News.

Quote by Twist of fate
Haters Ghana Hate
what ever happened to natural selection.....ohwaitobama
Currently Playing:
Arma 2/3, Dayz, GW2, GTA, Splinter Cell, ESO, FF:X, Pokemon X
there's a reason why drink driving laws exist. take notice.

if i read somewhere that a drunk israeli kid driving from a festival wraps his car around a lamp post, i'll probably lol.
its gonna be off topic, but i dont think reforming healthcare to make it universal is a good idea, people can be stupid, lazy, and the scum of the earth while happily getting their medical bills paid by a hardworking, responsible and citizen who earned his own way. i feel that that takes a lot of aspects of natural selection out of the world order.

Also, i know this has nothing to do with obama, but wtf is wrong with the US, but its actually illegal for hospitals to turn away urgent medical care to illegal immigrants...i just dont agree with that.
Currently Playing:
Quote by Dreaminmusic
its gonna be off topic, but i dont think reforming healthcare to make it universal is a good idea, people can be stupid, lazy, and the scum of the earth while happily getting their medical bills paid by a hardworking, responsible and citizen who earned his own way. i feel that that takes a lot of aspects of natural selection out of the world order.

Also, i know this has nothing to do with obama, but wtf is wrong with the US, but its actually illegal for hospitals to turn away urgent medical care to illegal immigrants...i just dont agree with that.

Do you really need to do that in this thread?

TS: I find that a good rule is that if you need to ask if it's a bad idea (and it's not some niche subject like computer engineering), it's usually a bad idea.

Really, bring some friends and have a DD.
I think you'd be safe, 1 litre of beer is only about 3 bottles (375 ml), and say you drink them within 2 hours theres still another 2-3 hours before you have to driver again. I'd say you'd be fine to be honest.
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
lol he asked, im not about to start an argument i dont really care what other people have to say or think, but i think you should also factor in how much you weigh aswell, if your a 80 pound 5 foot pole, then its gonna effect you a little different than if your a 6'5 220 pound solid bro lol
Currently Playing:
Quote by Dreaminmusic

it works perfectly in the netherlands so why not in the us?

alteast he wants to try it.
It's only cool if it's been in the refrigerator.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by Jackolas
That's less than 2 pints.

But, no. Don't. If you are unsure, don't.

Not to be super anal, but isn't a pint 16 ounces? And a liter is a little under 34.

16+16=32<34ish.
^^^ hahahaha like the otherside of a pillow.
but honestly, im not even drunk after 5 bears and im a 17 yr old 6 ft 145 pound strapping young lad. go for it and try it, worse comes to worse your wrong?

oh and btw, the whole it works for x so why wouldnt it work for y logic, if you wanna call it logic, makes no sense. Id imagine that only works for absolutes, such instance proposed, however, is quite different.
Currently Playing:
Last edited by Dreaminmusic at Aug 5, 2009,
everyone takes in acohol differently at different times

usually im a massive heavyweight but the odd night every now and then i can only take about 8 cans

sort of depends on you but shouldnt really drink anything and drive after

unless you drink to the state where you think you'll be a better driver

Much as that's a relatively small quantity over a long time, don't do it. Not worth the risk.

Quote by Dreaminmusic

Most countries in the western world have free healthcare, I don't see why America's poor should be worse off than Europe's.
It's different for every person. After a liter of beer I would feel comfortable to drive after about 3 hours, but that may be just because I have an uber fast metabolism. You will just have to judge it at the time. You will probably be fine, but if you have any doubts, then best not drive.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
If you drink it, then wait four hours, you should be fine, unless you're a very small person, or you can't handle alcohol very well. If you have any doubts about your sobriety, do not do it.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
I interpreted the question as you were going to go for a 5 hour drive straight after drinking a litre of beer.
Quote by Gmp
I interpreted the question as you were going to go for a 5 hour drive straight after drinking a litre of beer.

Genius, take this

Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
You'll be fine, my uncle drives home from my nan's house every Sunday a couple of hours after having 3 or 4 pints
Quote by metallifan3091
Not to be super anal, but isn't a pint 16 ounces? And a liter is a little under 34.

16+16=32<34ish.

In Australia a pint is equal to 568ml so 2 of them would be 1136ml and a litre is 1000ml but then again every country is different, Australia has the Old English measurement I think. As for driving it depends on tolreance, usually I would say yes (depending on tolerance) but the fact that you're going to a music festival you're bound to be tired and you want to be alert as possible.
Can't stop the spirits when they need you This life is more than just a read thru
Quote by urbanfox
You'll be fine, my uncle drives home from my nan's house every Sunday a couple of hours after having 3 or 4 pints

Idiot, that's illegal and it doesn't make him cool or clever.

Quote by Chubbychunks
One pint is 568 ml if I remember correctly, so it is indeed under two pints.

Correcto.
Quote by Jackolas
Idiot, that's illegal and it doesn't make him cool or clever.

Really?

I didn't realise
Ah,did this today in health class at school.
The guidelines for males,to keep under 0.05 is two drinks in the first hour,then 1 drink per hour after that.But hey,it's the internet.Don't trust me.
TS,you don't wanna become another statistic in my health class do you?
DO YOU?
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by Dreaminmusic
^^^ hahahaha like the otherside of a pillow.
but honestly, im not even drunk after 5 bears and im a 17 yr old 6 ft 145 pound strapping young lad. go for it and try it, worse comes to worse your wrong?

oh and btw, the whole it works for x so why wouldnt it work for y logic, if you wanna call it logic, makes no sense. Id imagine that only works for absolutes, such instance proposed, however, is quite different.

No. Worse comes to worse he's to drunk to drive safely and ends up killing a child because he doesn't have control of the car.

Seriously TS, odds are you'll be fine to drive, but its really not worth the risk just for bit beer.
Quote by urbanfox
Really?

I didn't realise

Well there's nothing funny about it and I hope a copper pulls him over and gives him some well needed sobriety.

**** drink drivers.
In fairness, I think he's toned it down recently.

He has a couple around mid day, then goes home at about 4ish.
Page 1 of 3