hi guys as you all may or may not know i have a crappy strat copy which i thought was plywood (only because i thought plywood and mdf were the same thing) but obviously know i know the difference but the reason i made this thread is I wanna know what is tonally better I'm guessing plywood would be better because mdf is just paper glued together but honestly is doesn't sound to bad unplugged but anyway what do you guys thinks
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
Quote by dukeofmetal
honestly is doesn't sound to bad unplugged but anyway what do you guys thinks

I think you just answered it yourself.
i know but thats just my opinion i kinda wanna know if there are any facts behind it or anything plus i said it doesn't sound to bad I don't know if Ive ever played a plywood one but this is more out of curiosity than anything
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
That´s all it comes down to is opinion. Mahongany is considered a wonderful wood for guitars but honestly I hate it. Most guitarists love mahogony.

I also have a plywood guitar and I love the tone it gets despite people saying plywood is trash.
Danelectros are made from plywood or whatever, and they're amazing guitars IMO.

And I don't think there will be that much tonal difference; after all, it's just thin bits of wood glued together.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
i know but wouldn't you think that tiny bits of wood beats paper
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250