So i've been worrying my ass of recently. I just got my BOSS me70, but i can't seem to get the settings right at all! I'm starting to think it's my guitar because even without the me70 i had my treble and my mid almost maxed. I know i know, I have a ****ty Stagg Guitar. I'm saving up for either a Studio or an Epiphone (almost there! ). Whichever plays better at guitarcenter.

How with my BOSS me70, i have my Line 6 Spider III 15W on clean and i put everything on 12. Well, it sounded like my amp was covered in blankets. So i boosted the the treble and mid. Now it sounded like just 1 blanket was covering the amp. So i boosted the tone (i was using the modern OD/DS function) still without the results i want. Before the me70 i played with the Metal function and lowered the drive a bit to keep it poppy and modern. Now i'm ALMOST there with the me70 but it still sounds a little bit like a toy amp to me.

Could anyone help me out. Could it be the pickups? I do have another VERY ****ty chinese QTX strat copy. That was my first guitar (you gotta learn on cheap things first was my dad's motto...) I'll try plugging that thing in and see what i get.
Probably your amp. I have the ME-70 and use that effect quite a bit through a Blackheart Little Giant and don't have much of a problem. I get a pretty decent sound out of it. Make sure you have the volume and gain turned up on your guitar and try the tone at about 2 o'clock and turn the level up on the effect. It may not hurt to use the chorus effect or reverb with it as well.

Which pickup are you using (bridge or neck)?
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Spiders like many modelling amps dont mix with external pedals. Spiders just seem more adverse to pedals than other brands. Theres not anything your gonna be able to do about. No amount of tweaking will fix it. If you want to use the pedal then get a simpler amp wout any onboard FX.
Now you know first hand how modeling processors and modeling amps interact. Get rid of the spider and get a Vj or something that will work with the pedal.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Yes, you definitely want a tube amp with the ME-70. Even then you get a bit of a "digital" tone, but not near as bad as with a modeling amp. I also have a Vox AD30VT that tried it on besides my Blackheart and it made the sound of the Vox pretty bad.

Digital into Solid State is not a good combination.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Just like what everyone else is saying, don't mix modeling amps with digital pedals.
Quote by Ortix
So i've been worrying my ass of recently. I just got my BOSS me70, but i can't seem to get the settings right at all! I'm starting to think it's my guitar because even without the me70 i had my treble and my mid almost maxed. I know i know, I have a ****ty Stagg Guitar. I'm saving up for either a Studio or an Epiphone (almost there! ). Whichever plays better at guitarcenter.

How with my BOSS me70, i have my Line 6 Spider III 15W on clean and i put everything on 12. Well, it sounded like my amp was covered in blankets. So i boosted the the treble and mid. Now it sounded like just 1 blanket was covering the amp. So i boosted the tone (i was using the modern OD/DS function) still without the results i want. Before the me70 i played with the Metal function and lowered the drive a bit to keep it poppy and modern. Now i'm ALMOST there with the me70 but it still sounds a little bit like a toy amp to me.

Could anyone help me out. Could it be the pickups? I do have another VERY ****ty chinese QTX strat copy. That was my first guitar (you gotta learn on cheap things first was my dad's motto...) I'll try plugging that thing in and see what i get.

It is a toy amp.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
well that's just great to hear :P Now i'm stuck with a 300 dollar metal box -_-

EDIT: I actually fixed it... i used the onboard EQ and boost the mid high. Now it sounds great! XD
Last edited by Ortix at Aug 5, 2009,
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^I didn't know they were that much.

Just take it back.

i bought it at musiciansfriend.com. So i would have to ship it back... at leats i didn't pay tax But it's all good now!