ok, so wat the hell is a fuzz pedal??
i know this sounds like a total n00b question, but in lebanon ive never seen one, and i never really listen to any1 who uses em

thx
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
It just gives you a fuzz like distortion.Its good for stoner rock and metal and I believe Jimi hendriz used the big ,muff fuzz pedal.
The best example I can think of for fuzz pedal is Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones and most Jimi Hendrix songs use fuzz.
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Bare Knuckle Riff Raff and Stormy Monday
Fender Eric Clapton Signature Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fulltone OCD
EHX Holy Grail Nano
BYOC Tone Bender Clone
Korg Pitchblack
Fender Bassman '59 Reissue
Hey evryone,
just a quick question.
(first post ever btw)
i was just give a 'Big Muff' pi distortion pedal as a gift (not a 'bass big muff')
is this pedal alright to use on a bass???

thanks
Quote by pyrosmile
It just gives you a fuzz like distortion.Its good for stoner rock and metal and I believe Jimi hendriz used the big ,muff fuzz pedal.

nope, he had a fuzzface i think. EHX market the big muff as hendrix's pedal, but he died before the first one was out.

as for what fuzz actually is, listen to some muse, they use it a lot for both bass and guitar
it's like putting your gain on 45
Quote by nametag50
Hey evryone,
just a quick question.
(first post ever btw)
i was just give a 'Big Muff' pi distortion pedal as a gift (not a 'bass big muff')

thanks

Youll loose some low end response, so mix it with a clean signal, by eithier running it a loop or a stereo rig, or by bi-amping and then only effect your highs.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by nametag50
Hey evryone,
just a quick question.
(first post ever btw)

thanks

It works alright, but the Big Bass Muff is a lot better, and I'm pretty sure its the same price most places too. The Bass Boost on that pedal can make a lot of the difference.
Pie!