I'm still looking to buy an amp [my first amp] and was looking to buy a Vox AD30VT used for about £90 but a friend has offered me £120 for his used AD50VT with Vox footswitch. Should I go for it?
Well I'm looking to buy an amp for bedroom playing and perhaps some jamming/gigging so it would have to keep up with drums etc. also, the power attenuator will come in handy for bedroom play... money's not really an issue either.
It is ideal for both bedroom and jamming in a band. They sound fine at low volumes - and there is a switch at the back that determines the ouput. Which means you can crank the volume, in both the master section and the channel section, yet remain at bedroom levels by using this switch.
I'd go for it. Good for bedroom playing and plenty loud for jamming and gigging. Footswitch is a plus too.

Is it the 2x12 version?
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by Sampy
I'd go for it. Good for bedroom playing and plenty loud for jamming and gigging. Footswitch is a plus too.

Is it the 2x12 version?

No it's just the normal version. Well I thought about it and I bought it! For such a low price it was a steal!

Not bad for a first amp to go with my first guitar, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, heh.
Awesome! Hope you enjoy it. I'm a valvetronix user myself and it has served me well for some time now. Any questions just ask or head over to valvetronix.net. The people there know pretty much everything there is to know about these amps!
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by Sampy
Awesome! Hope you enjoy it. I'm a valvetronix user myself and it has served me well for some time now. Any questions just ask or head over to valvetronix.net. The people there know pretty much everything there is to know about these amps!

Ok thanks, will keep that in mind.
Last edited by ackers07 at Aug 5, 2009,