Page 1 of 2
That's right pit, I am meeting the god of shred, the Petruccinator, in Manchester CT today. We will talk guitar, we will love one another, and become best friends, and then he'll tell me he wants me to join Dream Theater, and I will say yes, and learn his secret ways.

Anyway, to prevent this from being a cool story bro, or a blog post, Im posting the address here for anybody in the CT area, or even the Mass area, who wants in.

Here's the info:

"DUBALDO MUSIC CENTER AND ERNIE BALL® MUSIC MAN® PRESENT A JOHN MYUNG & JOHN PETRUCCI MEET & GREET
John Petrucci, guitarist of Dream Theater, and for whom Ernie Ball Music Man produces a signature guitar, and John Myung, bassist of Dream Theater, who plays an Ernie Ball Music Man bass guitar, will be conducting a Meet & Greet at DuBaldo Music/Beller’s Music, 50 Purnell Place, Manchester, Connecticut on Wednesday, August 5, 2009 at 2:00 P.M.

August 5, 2009

2:00PM

DuBaldo & Beller's Music
50 Purnell Place
Manchester CT 06040
(860) 649-2036

In store special: $2.50 EB Slinky strings, $3.00 RPS Strings.
All Music Man instruments on sale!"

I'm so freakin' excited!
Quote by vintage x metal
My toilet has seen some scenes that one would describe as 'deathcore'
Cool John Petrucci, Bro
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Make your last shower a good one, cause you'll never cleanse again.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
If you two take a picture together, be sure to hold up "Ug ftw" on a piece of paper
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by Zolom
Cool John Petrucci, Bro

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--
Quote by vintage x metal
You lucky son of a bitch :| Make sure to have a photo with him and post it on UG.

And if your face doesn't melt, tell us how good he is in person
"If I told you that, I'd have to kill you."
"Why is it like.. top secret?"
"No."

Last.fm
Quote by SG_dave
meh... i don't care for Dream Theater or the musicians therein. Saw em at download and they were truly wank, i fell asleep.

See what you mean. I'm not crazy about Dream Theater, but you can't deny that Petrucci is God.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by SG_dave
meh... i don't care for Dream Theater or the musicians therein. Saw em at download and they were truly wank, i fell asleep.

JP isn't so much a musician as he is a force of nature, in that you cannot stop him, you cannot look away, and he'll kick you in the balls and you will thank him that you got to smell his feet, his delicious feet.
Quote by vintage x metal
For he just shredded your balls with said feet.

And made it sound like a G3, by himself, without 2 other guitarists.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Pics or he's an MG...

No seriously thats pretty awesome!
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
ooh, have funs mate
Gear:

Jackson performer (miJ)
Cort Earth 700
roland cube 15
Behringer Wah
Boss rc-2 loop station

Dutch Power!!

Quote by DieGarbageMan
Proffesser Oak : I Came when i heard you beat the elite four

Quote by larrytheguitar
See what you mean. I'm not crazy about Dream Theater, but you can't deny that Petrucci is God.

maybe it was where i was stood at the time, but the whole ensemble sounded horrible, the mix was awful (99% sure that wouldn't have been their fault) and all the band just seemed to be sloppy because of that one factor. And i don't find his style to that enjoyable, it's like listening to free form jazz, it's a forced thing with a gun against my head.
Quote by SG_dave

Blaspemy!!!

Kill the heretic!
DUDE!!! Fuawking jealous!!!

Quote by SG_dave

I believe if I were given the choice to meet a famous guitarist, even if it was one that I hated, I'd hop on that ****...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Quote by SmashandBurn
Teacher: "There will be a test tomorrow no exceptions."
Student: "What about complete an utter sexual exhaustion?"
Teacher: "You'll just have to write with your other hand."

Kittys?
Quote by TheOpenMind
Blaspemy!!!

Kill the heretic!

Heh, from the guy whose usename is TheOpenMind.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by Bass Tyler

I believe if I were given the choice to meet a famous guitarist, even if it was one that I hated, I'd hop on that ****...

sorta been there, and didn't go. I had the chance to go meet the drummer of some band, can't remember who all i remember is my mate claiming they were huge. I didn't go, couldn't be assed.
JP is like the Chuck Norris of metal. TS, if you want to have a jam with him, becareful. others who have tried have died after the first two seconds JP played the first note.
I'm jealous too ... Ah well hopefully I can score a meeting or something if he goes out before the show in December.
Prog flavored juice ... You tried it yet?

Shameless plot to promote zee band.
Shed 31
During your bonding experience you should ask him to write a song that's under 9 minutes.

He'll probably just play on old one twice as fast.
lulz
Good tale, other son of my mother
But that's cool, I don't listen to Dream Theater much but what I've heard is really cool, and his guitar on the things I've heard is really really cool. Also see if you can get him to make a UG account and have some way to prove that it's the actual JP and not some faker. That would be even cooler.
Last edited by cornmancer at Aug 5, 2009,
When I saw Manchester, I was so excited! Then I saw Connecticut

In other news, I went to see DT in June and saw their tourbus just as they were getting back in But I caught JP's pick at the end, so it's all gravy.
hello
I'm pretty damn ****ing jealous. If I have one hero in Metal, it's John Petrucci (and Mikael Akerfeldt, but JP wins the guitar player category). If I were to meet him, I'd be tempted to ask him if he's really able to shred the sun into a forced eclipse, but I'd probably just ask for a pic with me while holding a UG banner.
Last edited by Astyan at Aug 5, 2009,
I live about 15 minutes from Manchester, I may be able to go this.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SAD MAFIOSO σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Originally Posted by jgbsmith
Guys, guys - put your penises away, we have a lady in the house!
Quote by SG_dave

wut. I was there and I practically creamed my pants, multiple times from the sheer awesome eminating from the stage.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
that's odd..you said your meeting the king of shred John Petrucci today...The Kng of shred and John Petrucci are different people....
Black then white are all I see,
in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be.
Quote by soulflyV

If I didn't have a mudkip in there, I'd sig that.

Sigged.
LtBrenton

Quote by Douglas Adams
The art of flying lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Quote by soulflyV

If I didn't have a mudkip in there, I'd sig that.

http://ltbrenton.wordpress.com My blog. Check it out.

☠ ☠ ☠
Quote by <SpaceTime>
that's odd..you said your meeting the king of shred John Petrucci today...The Kng of shred and John Petrucci are different people....

Nope.
Quote by vintage x metal
Ask them to sign your guitar! The resell value will be huge after that.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Page 1 of 2