Hello everyone,
Well, I'm a Power Metal lover and as everybody knows, they are one of the most difficult songs to play specially if you are a beginner. As for me the only advanced song I could play so far was Love ain't no stranger from Whitesnake , which it's reaaaally far from Power Metal songs. So I kept looking for easy Power Metal songs I could begin with, but even the easiest looking Helloween songs were almost impossible to be played. Most of the songs I could play the basics, but when it come to the solo forget it.So after some time looking for it, I've found some great songs which are really easy to play, even the solos. So I would like to share it with you guys that intend to start playing this kind of style without getting frustrated(as I did). I couldn't find it elsewhere and the few ones I've found throught the internet were already difficult to me, believe me, even Eagle Heart's solo I couldn't play, so here goes:

1. Stratovarius - Hunting High and Low.
2. At Vance - Soldier of Time.
3. Therion Son of the Sun(Don't know if it's acctually Power Metal or just Heavy Metal, but it's really fun to play).
4. Master Plan - Heroes.
5. Iron Savior - Deadly Sleep( Yeah, that's right, it's much easier than it looks and it's a hell of a song. Although the high speed, if you take a closer look to the solo, the speedy part of the solo only uses one string at a time, so no big deal, no sweep picking and whatever, just slow down and keep practcing until you get it. I've been practicing it this way and I'm getting to it, so anyone who's got some skills will play it in no time.
6. Helloween - Future World
7. Sonata Arctica Black Sheep(Tough Solo, has Sweep Picking on it, but the rest it's pretty simple)
8. Blind Guardian Valhalla
9. Elvenking - Swallowtail
10. Hammerfall - Crimson Thunder
11. Blind Guardian - Fly
12. Dream Evil - Into the Moonlight or Heavy metal in the night
13. Judas Priest - Nightcrawler
14. Stratovarius - EagleHeart

Well that's it for now, If someone has any easy power metal songs, please post it. I Hope I was able to help.
Last edited by trevorian at Aug 5, 2009,
Quote by ibanezgod1973
easy helloween song - futureworld

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU3uu4ayKR0&feature=related

thats NOT me in the vid btw.........it`s supposed to be like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWB1BaYxp90&feature=related only better quality

And

Black Sheep by Sonata Arctica.
Valhalla by Blind Guardian.

I'll add some more later, but I think we can turn this into a quite useful thread.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Elvenking - Swallowtail
Hammerfall - Crimson Thunder
Blind Guardian - Fly
Dream Evil - Into the Moonlight or Heavy metal in the night
Judas Priest - Nightcrawler

And ofcourse Dragonforce's song Through the Fire and the flames haha na not really..
Trevorian, please add our songs to the first post to make it easier for other people?
I've stickied this thread, I have a good feeling about it.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
eagleheart by stratovarius is very easy
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by LordPino
And

Black Sheep by Sonata Arctica.
Valhalla by Blind Guardian.

I'll add some more later, but I think we can turn this into a quite useful thread.

+1 to Vallhalla, great song to build up your tremolo picking.
Thanks a lot for the support everyone, just upadated with more songs. Let's turn that wonderfull metal style to something a little more simple so everyone can enjoy playing it.
Quote by LordPino
Trevorian, please add our songs to the first post to make it easier for other people?
I've stickied this thread, I have a good feeling about it.

Sure, just did it, thanks for making it a stick thread .