ok, so my whammy bar broke inside my Fender Strat bridge. Its an Mexican Bridge. I tried to fix it (or took it to be fixed), but it'll need a replacement. My first intuition would to search ebay for "Fender Bridge" and just buy the first that comes up, but ive been thinking if there arent better brands than fender? Ive been looking at some brands, Wilkinson, Callahan, Kahler...but im not sure of which one is the best. Also, is there any way to install a double locking tremolo on the strat?

thanks
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
You can install a locking trem on your strat, but unless you want loads of work it'd have to be just top mounted, with no routing to pull upwards on it.
And you'd have to drill the stud pieces unless it's a 2-point trem already.

Otherwise I can vouch for Wilkinson trems
^well, i wouldn't be doing, considering how i know squat about tremolo bridges...ill look into Wilkinson bridges then...

Thanks
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Wilkinson VS100 is the bomb, easily the best trem system I've ever used.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Wilkinson VS100 is the bomb, easily the best trem system I've ever used.

expensive as hell as well, over 150 dollars! no way i can afford that! what about the wilkinson wvp6?
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
I was going to suggest the callaham. The same thing happened to my MIM so I got the narrow mexican one. It really is an awesome bridge, I have to say. But it is quite expensive. Its worth it though...
Quote by alexdoabismo
expensive as hell as well, over 150 dollars! no way i can afford that! what about the wilkinson wvp6?

really? mine cost about $95 US.

EDIT: Oh.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Aug 5, 2009,
Quote by alexdoabismo

http://store.guitarfetish.com/wistsatrfial.html

ordinarily i'd say never order a trem from guitarfetish, but iirc their wilkinson stuff is real.
and it is more than worth it, its much better than any standard strat trem.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by alexdoabismo
ok, so my whammy bar broke inside my Fender Strat bridge. Its an Mexican Bridge. I tried to fix it (or took it to be fixed), but it'll need a replacement. My first intuition would to search ebay for "Fender Bridge" and just buy the first that comes up, but ive been thinking if there arent better brands than fender? Ive been looking at some brands, Wilkinson, Callahan, Kahler...but im not sure of which one is the best. Also, is there any way to install a double locking tremolo on the strat?

thanks
$23 plus shipping puts you back in business...
http://store.guitarfetish.com/sostretrblfi.html
http://store.guitarfetish.com/10thusasitra.html
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.