i'm volunteering in Birmingham UK, working with alcoholics/homeless people for a month. there's a German homeless guy who comes to the drop-in centres where i work and because no-one speaks German he's had no proper contact with anyone for liek a year.

anyway, i was wondering if anyone knew of some sort of group, help centre or anything that would be able to help him or just simply give him some contact with people he can actually talk to. i'm prolly being too hopeful but i'd really appreciate any help. i searched for some groups/programmes etc but found nothing.

thanks
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
I really like that you're atleast trying this, dont get me started but I think people nowadays are rude and unfriendly, atleast most of them. I'd give ads a shot, not only in real life but try putting ads on the internet aswell. Maybe you could call around to other volunteering centers, ask around if there's anyone who speaks german ?
Give him one of these so he feels at home:
(Invalid img)
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by homeless-john
Just put ads up or something for anyone who speaks German.

I don't know really, but it's a suggestion.

this is probably the best idea you'll get, apart from learning basic german to help him
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
language departments in universities.

students are usually up for volunteer work.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
you're a nice guy.

take him to a hospital. There are usually translators that work there, for patients that don't speak english. They could help him.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Good on you for doin' whatcha doin'.

I know that here in the states, any major city will have a cultural center that's practically an embassy, particularly with a larger population such as German, Italian, French, et al.

Learn a couple phrases in German, toss 'em out to him for a smile.
Everyone's suggested some really good ideas.

I just wanted to say that its awesome that you're trying to help people. If more people went a little out of their way to help others the world would be a much better place. Good job.
Quote by Anthony1991
www.freetranslations.com

type what you want to say, translate it into german, wont be perfect grammer, but itll be better than nothing

I'm not sure about the structure of the German language, but I can say that free translators on the internet butcher Spanish translations. I wouldn't recommend this.

Lemoninfluence said it best.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
why don't you ask him if "können Sie Ihren Penis in meinen Mund" ?
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
for being cool
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
It's nice to know that people out there are still decent human beings dude

(what ever you do dont ask what my sig says)
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
for being a nice guy.
I can haz sigg

Quote by Born_to_shred
Any solo in any An Endless Sporadic song is "quite shmexy".

zink10192 wrote:

fail

Quote by PETERFKNPARKER
why don't you ask him if "können Sie Ihren Penis in meinen Mund" ?

i think you're missing a verb