Hey guys. Im not too impressed with my 6505 combo. Im trading it for a XXX head. Im going to need a cab to go along with this. I play alot of Lamb of God, Parkway Drive, Killswitch, etc.. There is a Marshall 1960a cab down at my guitar center for like 350. That seemed pretty good to me. Any suggestions. I dont want to spend more than 500. I was also looking at an avatar cabinet. But im not sure which speakers to get.
Avatar, with V30s would be a pretty standard response. So that is what I will give.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Avatar, Vader, Mesa are all great cabs you can get around that budget. Stick with something with V30's. As for the Marshall cab stay as far away from that cab as humanly possibly with that amp...
Any Full sized cab loaded with etheir V30, G12-30, G12K-100's or Eminence Swamp-Thang and Texas Heats, all sound great with the Triple X, the Marshall cab should work okay, but the G12-75s are not my favorite speaker with Peavey amps, if its a 1960V that would be perfect, V=V30.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Anything with Eminence speakers to tame the fizz and brightness of the Triple XXX. It's a great sounding amp, and is even better with some JJ tubes and Eminence speakers.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I prefer Eminence speakers with peavey amps especially the triple x.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369