Page 1 of 13
Hey guys,

So I'm sure most of you have heard (It's on the main site's homepage) that "Them Crooked Vultures" is the name of the new band comprising of Joshua Homme (guitar - QOTSA), Dave Grohl (drums - foo fighters) and John Paul Jones (bass - led zepplin).

For ages this has been merely a highly anticipated rumour, but it seems to have been confirmed

I have a feeling that this will be completly awsome, but quite different from what the brain initially imagines when putting these three guys together.

Unfortunatly I live in the UK and so i wont be attending the show that's been booked in the US .

But I am definatly really looking forward to hearing the record, and i hope to be able to see them live ASAP, I'm going to reading festival in a few weeks, hopefully theyll be a special suprise guest there haha.

Any thoughts/informations/disgussion about this???

Keep it Reel.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Yeah man , I'm sure there will be a nice selection of very poorly recorded footage of the gig :P

Your username is very similar to mine haha.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
I'll be crushed if this flops. Luckily, Josh Homme is awsome, so it won't.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
I agree completly.
Wow man, hadnt seen that video!
Sounds like its gonna be pretty awsome.
I dont think that it will be exactly like what most are expecting tho.
Cant wait.
Man, the show in Chicago sold out within seconds
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by CE49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsaMokig0

Promo video!

Got to get to 5,000 views!

Does automatic reloading boost up the view count? If so, I'm making this thing automatically reload every five seconds.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by CE49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsaMokig0

Promo video!

Got to get to 5,000 views!

Sounds like the beginning of something great.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Better not be a lame classic rock sounding band. I want something loud and fuzzy dammit!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Better not be a lame classic rock sounding band. I want something loud and fuzzy dammit!

QOTSA is loud and fuzzy. I want loud and fuzzy and ****ing awesome. I hope they use JPJ's multi-instrumentalism a lot.

I hope to hear some weird instruments, Josh singing about sex and drugs or whatever comes across his mind, and Grohl beating his drums like Nick Oliveri beats his girlfriend (ok that wasn't very nice, but you get the point)
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
So the video was fake...it was really good though.
Anyway,is there really going to be a web transmission of their gig?
Quote by Lucas Townshend
So the video was fake...it was really good though.
Anyway,is there really going to be a web transmission of their gig?

I really hope so. Not getting those tickets really bummed me out.
Quote by Ez0ph
I remember that

Quote by Firenze

I'm not sure on the transmission,I read it somewhere...But I hope it turns out to be true,don't want to listen to ****ty bootlegs
*Jizzes everywhere*

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I want this band to tour everywhere and leave a wake of destruction just like Sherman's march
./|\
(\o )=w==>
./ \

˙ᴥ˘
I'm going to Pukkelpop festival in a couple of weeks and the surprise act showing up there is rumoured to be Them Crooked Vultures, the same story at Lowlands. I hope so.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Quote by TooFast
Man, the show in Chicago sold out within seconds

Damn, shame i live in the UK, otherwise i would have sat at the computer waiting for the secend they were released haha.

Yeah Im hoping its not some classic rock ****.
Quote by FuzzLove
Damn, shame i live in the UK, otherwise i would have sat at the computer waiting for the secend they were released haha.

Yeah Im hoping its not some classic rock ****.

The chance of getting tickets was so slim. It's a 1100 person venue, with a two ticket per person maximum. Say everyone gets two, thats 550 people that got them. Lollapalooza is in town, and probably has a ton of industry dudes that want to see this, so you have to put tickets aside for them. Add that to the fact that the server couldn't handle the traffic, it was a mess.
Quote by Ez0ph
I remember that

Quote by Firenze

Ah sounds rather annoying, i still would have tried tho :P .
I wonder if this'll sound anything like old QOTSA stuff, seeing as they used to be a three-piece back then.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
They're playing right now, if I'm not mistaken. How exciting!

There had better be YouTube vids of this show, or Samdroid's gonna have to choke a bitch.
My friend and band's bassist was there for Chicago and he said they were absolutely amazing. Apparently, JPJ plays a bit of piano and they play long improvised jazz odysseys in addition to some sick rock n roll tunes. I have a feeling that their album may be a ways off, but it sounds like security was ridiculously strict about cameras/vid at their show, so it's possible that there will be limited youtube exposure.
Doomsday Arsenal - alternative/progressive
Fender '08 Am Std Strat w/ CS69s > MXR Classic 108 Fuzz > JH-1B Wah > MXR Dyna Comp > EHX Big Muff Pi > Maxon OD9 > MXR Phase 90 > Ibanez CS9 > MXR Carbon Copy > Boss TU-2 > Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Here's the setlist,taken from a blog:
Elephants
New Fang
Scumbag Blues
Dead End Friends
Bandoliers
Mind Eraser
Gunman
Daffodils
Interlude w/ Ludes
Caligulove
Warsaw
Nobodys Loves Me

The jazz solo you were talking about is from the ending of Daffodils.
I remember reading somewhere that the album is coming out October 23...I sure hope it does, from what the reviews are saying, they sound great
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Yeah,the reviews make me think of a mix of zeppelin's hard rock rif***e and some elements from jazz with awesome vocals by Homme and even more awesome drums by Grohl.Can't wait for this,it'll probably best album of the year for me
Quote by JackWhite333
I remember reading somewhere that the album is coming out October 23...I sure hope it does, from what the reviews are saying, they sound great

No that poster was fake
Quote by tattyreagh
No that poster was fake

Really? Darn. I hope it comes out this year at least...
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Quote by tattyreagh
No that poster was fake

Yep even though credible sources are saying the date is in october, the original source was fake so it'll probably be a while 'till an album comes out.

But yesh I creamed ALL OVER when I heard the news i honestly wouldn't be more excited if I found out that I'm the heir to the Bill Gates estate.
My stuff
Fender Telecaster Aerodyne Series
Gibson 1980 Les Paul Standard
Fender Standard Strat
Taylor 414-ce
Takamine Acoustic
1938 Gibson Lap Steel (priceless)
Fender Blues Junior
USA Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Fab Overdrive

My band
This album needs mellotron, some Homme tweaky lead lines, and
Dave should get a scream or two.

also a world tour, like supergroups just don't seem to do.
Quote by KevVin
This album needs mellotron, some Homme tweaky lead lines, and
Dave should get a scream or two.

also a world tour, like supergroups just don't seem to do.

What this album needs is a release date...Can't wait to hear it