ok EG forum ive got 2 mayor problems...MAJOR!

1st... i cant seem to intonate my guitar, no matter how much i increase the string distance, the tuner always shows the same diference between the 12th fret harmonic and the 12th fret pressed down note, i already lowererd my pups, and i tried it with brand new strings....plz help

2nd, my amp(bugera 333xl 212) has INSANE amounts of feedback, it didnt have it when i left for vacations, and no matter where i touch the guitar the feedback wotn stop, but when i touch the cable or any metal component on the amp, the feedback goes away, i recently dismantled my guitar, took it all apart, and the the grounding wire is attached to the pickguard and the pickguard just fell off pulling lots of wire, so it may be that...]]

thanks please reply

btw dont bother calling me an idiot for taking my guitar apart, i realized i was one long ago
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Last edited by devit at Aug 5, 2009,
your not a idiot for taking ur guitar apart your a idiot for saying MAYOR....c'mon now it's major.....
one x_vox
Quote by one x
your not a idiot for taking ur guitar apart your a idiot for saying MAYOR....c'mon now it's major.....

english is not my first language, and it slipped under my radar cuz in spanish major is spelled mayor
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
1. Are you retuning the open string between each adjustment? If you can't get the 12th fret harmonic and the 12th fret to match, set the 12th fretted note to match the open string.
the feedback is because your guitar has single coils and is badly shielded
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by SquierLolz
the feedback is because your guitar has single coils and is badly shielded

but it didnt happen before, and my guitar has a hum in the bridge
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
If the amp cuts noise when you touch the metal casing around it, turn it off NOW and get a pro to fix, cos that That sounds like a ground fault to me and could be dangerous. I'm not sure about where the ground fault could be, but if you can get hold of a multimeter and measure between hot and ground to see if there's a short anywhere. It could be(now, i'm not sure of this) that your sudden noise is the result of a loose ground wire inside your guitar. In any case, when you have single coils you should get the cavity shielded. Dress the inside with some heavy duty tinfoil, and connect ground to it. (I'm serious )

As for the intonation, are you sure you're moving it the right way? shortening the string leans lean you more towars sharp, and lengthening leans you toward flat.
Last edited by ziggymidget at Aug 5, 2009,
Quote by jimtaka
1. Are you retuning the open string between each adjustment? If you can't get the 12th fret harmonic and the 12th fret to match, set the 12th fretted note to match the open string.

yes i retune the string after the adjusment
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
Quote by ziggymidget
If the amp cuts noise when you touch the metal casing around it, turn it off NOW and get a pro to fix, cos that That sounds like a ground fault to me and could be dangerous. I'm not sure about where the ground fault could be, but if you can get hold of a multimeter and measure between hot and ground to see if there's a short anywhere. It could be(now, i'm not sure of this) that your sudden noise is the result of a loose ground wire inside your guitar. In any case, when you have single coils you should get the cavity shielded. Dress the inside with some heavy duty tinfoil, and connect ground to it. (I'm serious )

As for the intonation, are you sure you're moving it the right way? shortening the string leans lean you more towars sharp, and lengthening leans you toward flat.

the \12th armonic is perfectly in tune, while the fretted note is sharper, so i increase the string length
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
harmonics will always( at least i think) stay the same, if the open string is up to pitch. i -THINK-
oh, and are you sure you're not fretting down to hard? I know it's a stupid question, but it should be asked.
ok its my guitar the one thats messed up
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212