I've been playing acoustic guitar for about a year and a bit now. Never got a chance to get my own Electric guitar until now, Im looking to join a band and there not looking for someone that plays acoustic :P Although, I love playing my acoustics, I need something different for gigging live

I would mainly play indie/alt rock and Im looking for an Amp too, budget is around €600 (Dunno what that is in dollars, pounds). And, has to be left-handed, any recommendations?
Thanks
That's about $860 US.

Fender MIM Strat - $500
Used Peavey Classic 30 - should be able to get used for $350

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
See, most guys on here don't understand Irish prices. Locally 600 will get you an Epi LP custom and a strap. Buy in UK for a better deal but that limits what you get to what is reliably playable when it arrives. www.tcellisguitars.co.uk do nice copy Pauls for £299 and that should leave enough for a 50w+ SS amp which will do for gigging to start with. My other favourite UK man is www.richardsguitars.co.uk who stocks Cort, Burny, Vintage (ask him nicely) Gordon Smith handmade (pricey) and Godin, so a reasonable selection. He does do a free setup and ships to Ireland for 15 quid.
Amps. Look at the Vypyrs and Roland Cubes but don't rule out Kustom at your price point. Used amps may be a better deal and a 30w valve amp could be found, I expect. Shipping can be the problem though.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Lurcher
See, most guys on here don't understand Irish prices. Locally 600 will get you an Epi LP custom and a strap. Buy in UK for a better deal but that limits what you get to what is reliably playable when it arrives. www.tcellisguitars.co.uk do nice copy Pauls for £299 and that should leave enough for a 50w+ SS amp which will do for gigging to start with. My other favourite UK man is www.richardsguitars.co.uk who stocks Cort, Burny, Vintage (ask him nicely) Gordon Smith handmade (pricey) and Godin, so a reasonable selection. He does do a free setup and ships to Ireland for 15 quid.
Amps. Look at the Vypyrs and Roland Cubes but don't rule out Kustom at your price point. Used amps may be a better deal and a 30w valve amp could be found, I expect. Shipping can be the problem though.

Yeah, was thinking a fender HSS and Peavey Amp may be a bit out of my price range!

Anyway, I was thinking a single coil guitar would be better than a humbucker for indie, or does that matter if you have a half-decent valve amp?
See, most guys on here don't understand Irish prices.

Ok, so help us Non Irish folk out, how much is that in U.S. and/or Euros ??

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Quote by jonmo1
Ok, so help us Non Irish folk out, how much is that in U.S. and/or Euros ??

Everything in Ireland is a rip-off basically, a standard Fender Strat is about €650...
Well, the Ellis LP's have coil taps, phase switching and series/parallel switching so lots of sounds available. I'm not sure that indie requires single coils and as they are so puny, you would then need a bigger amp. At least 80w SS or 50w tube. And probably something to eliminate the buzz.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x