So at work I spilled French Onion soup on my foot and it burned off some of the top layer of skin. It wasn't a big wound, only covering an area about the size of a quarter. I just went home and cleaned it with an alcohol rubbing towelette and then put some goo on it from our aloe vera plant, and bandaged it.

So does the aloe vera really work? Will it help the wound heal faster, and reduce the chance of infection? This only happened yesterday so I can't see any results yet. I've been putting goo on it regularly and have since removed the bandage so that it can breath.
We're only strays.
Last edited by Martyr's Prayer at Aug 5, 2009,
Yeah it might work.... Icy hot or ejaculate might work better. Mix all 3 and then use that.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Aloe Vera doesn't work. She's a welfare sucking crack whore.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Works like a charm. Just buy an aloe leaf, poke it, squeeze out the sap, put the sap on your burn and be AMAZED. then you can stir fry the leaf with some veggies and meat, and celebrate.
Gretsch G1169SP
Vox Cambridge '30 Reverb
BOSS EQ
Danelectro Octave Up/Distortion
Danelectro Octave Down
Crybaby Wah
Big Muff Pi (NYC)
It works very well, we still have a plant growing in the house so when i do something stupid it is there to ease the pain.

Wait.... i don't think we are talking about the same thing.
::type i'm here to stir the $h!t

Quote by guybrush122
Works like a charm. Just buy an aloe leaf, poke it, squeeze out the sap, put the sap on your burn and be AMAZED. then you can stir fry the leaf with some veggies and meat, and celebrate.

BUY one? We have an aloe plant in the backyard for this occasion.
We're only strays.
At summer camp, my friend and I were joking about the stuff in Aloe Vera. It said something about toco, and we saw tacos, and something about a car-jacker.

edit: It was carobomer, i think.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Last edited by Pencil Man at Aug 5, 2009,
I use it for sun burns and it works wonders...
E-Married to Eddie4President

ARMENIAN

Quote by VANGELIS!
Ya, my mom walked in on me taking a **** into my coffee mug when I was 23. There was a spider in the bathroom and I was too scared to go in

Quote by angusfan16
I'll join. I have a vagina.
It keeps the swelling down. That's about it. You should still see a doctor if it's really bad. I used to grow aloe plants in my house. Just cut off a part of the plant and squeeze the aloe all over the burn. It really does keep the swelling down.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
BUY one? We have an aloe plant in the backyard for this occasion.

Not everyone has a backyard, nor the means to grow an aloe plant.
Gretsch G1169SP
Vox Cambridge '30 Reverb
BOSS EQ
Danelectro Octave Up/Distortion
Danelectro Octave Down
Crybaby Wah
Big Muff Pi (NYC)
DO NOT PUT IT ON BURNS.

It works for sunburns, but NOT for burns, it will aggravate it, and slightly reduce any swelling.

Keep it in lukewarm water until the burn cools down, and then cover it with as much vaseline as possible. Wrap saran wrap around the vaseline smeared wound, and keep it on until you can get a real burn dressing (waterjel or the like).

If it's serious (which yours is not), go to the doctor/clinic/hospital.
Quote by The Contagen
How the hell did you spill soup on your foot?

It splashed out of a pitcher which I poured the soup into too quickly.
We're only strays.
It's a major ingredient for topical sun burn relief products,but I wouldn't recommend putting it on a burn that goes through a layer of skin and exposes raw meat.Make sure the wound is clean then apply a small amount of anti-bacterial topical cream and Vaseline to the area,apply a clean gauze pad,then wrap the area in an ace bandage.Clean the area,reapply cream and Vaseline,and put on a new gauze pad every couple of day or when they become soiled.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
It's a major ingredient for topical sun burn relief products,but I wouldn't recommend putting it on a burn that goes through a layer of skin and exposes raw meat.Make sure the wound is clean then apply a small amount of anti-bacterial topical cream and Vaseline to the area,apply a clean gauze pad,then wrap the area in an ace bandage.Clean the area,reapply cream and Vaseline,and put on a new gauze pad every couple of day or when they become soiled.

Kerlix/ACE+Burn=bad, that's why I said saran wrap. It makes removal easier and won't stick at all.
I heard Vicodin works too, but then again not many UGers have parents that are prescribed them

but yeah aloe vera works too
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
If you get a burn you're supposed to put it under running cold water (aka your tap) for maybe up to 20 mins(?) depending on the severity. Otherwise the heat in your flesh keeps toasting you.
Aloe is good for sun burns and really really minor burns but probably not for serious ones.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington