I was wondering if it was ok to put a pick guard on a Les Paul Special II. I'm thinking of puting a Les Paul Junior pick guard on the special, but I'll have to cut a space out for the second humbucker. Would this ruin the sound of the guitar? And is it ok to put a bigsby on the Les Paul Special II?
pickguard: yes. it wont ruin the tone, idk why anyone would even say that...

bigsby, also yes, but i will recommend getting locking tuners if you get the bigsby.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
In all honesty, I would suggest upgrading from the Epiphone Special II first.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Thing with a bigsby is many of them would cost more than the guitar. Its not bad to mod a cheap guitar you own its not wise tho to pour a bunch of cash into the project.
Quote by Be-Kind-Rewind
What would you suggest as a inexpensive yet awesome guitar then?

PS thanks for replying

No such thing, he hence the reason for saving up for stuff you want.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
go for a sound and feel you like. expensive is not always better, you can get a 5000 dollar gibson and not like it, but keep in mind cheap is never good. most inexpensive, yet "awesome guitars" usually fall in the 300-500 dollar range.
Quote by AmericanParadox
cuztomizing guitars = best thing in the world. Better than sex.

GB&C RULES

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Fr
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Boss Ds-1
Digitech RP55
Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon
Ibanez Fz7 Fuzz
Marshall MG10CD 40W
Modded POS Strat
Quote by Be-Kind-Rewind
What would you suggest as a inexpensive yet awesome guitar then?

PS thanks for replying

Check out Agile. They're cheaper, but really good quality.

Only downside is that trying one before you buy it is impossible. They only sell online.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
not to mention the squier affinities, which are damned good guitars, i mean the electronics/pickups arent great but everything else is pretty nice.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
For the price of uprading an Affinity, he could just buy a used MIM.

believe it or not, i liked the squier neck more than the MIM neck, so upgrading is worth it...

but, at least you dont NEED to upgrade a squier for it to be playable...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
^That's very true, but I prefer my MIM to any Squier I've ever played.

I checked out those Agile guitars on Rondomusic.com they're freakin schweet! And extremely inexpensive. Are they really good guitars? I checked out some reviews on UG and most of them got awesome ratings and reviews.
the epiphone Les Paul Special model II's are underated if you mod them.
this:

is my LP model II
new pickups and everything. well over £300 spent on it and it's better than all my shop bought ones. even the paints not the original.
if you're going to do that, spend the money rewire with new pickups.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
Quote by Be-Kind-Rewind
I checked out those Agile guitars on Rondomusic.com they're freakin schweet! And extremely inexpensive. Are they really good guitars? I checked out some reviews on UG and most of them got awesome ratings and reviews.

They're awesome for the price. I owned one of the Rootbeer AL3000s. Amazingly great to play, but the pickups were a little bit bland. Their customer service is AWESOME, as well. Can't stress that enough, they put up with a few dumb questions on my part and actually gave me suggestions on how to improve the guitar.