Have any right-handers on here put a left-handed bridge on their guitar? I noticed SRV and Hendrix both had their bridges situated with the trem bar on top, and it seems like it makes for easier access to your trem bar. Does it affect anything else on your guitar? And for those that have tried it, is it worth it?
well hendrix was left handed so he was playing a right handed guitar upside down.
i dont think he really decided to have the trem on top
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by JAHellraiser
well hendrix was left handed so he was playing a right handed guitar upside down.
i dont think he really decided to have the trem on top

and stevie ray vaughn probably copied Jimi Hendrix there
Stevie's is like that because he had a problem with his bridge, and they had to put one in quickly before a show. He never changed it because he liked it.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
It depends on your playing style if it will be easier to use. For most the bar would be in the way more its why its not a really popular mod. Its right in the way if you plan to do any palm muting. Swing it down its still in the way. Hendrix did it as there was little choice back then, lefty guitars were not easy to find and parts even more so. You have to mod the body to put in the upside down trem so its not something you just swap in and out.
Last edited by Tackleberry at Aug 5, 2009,