So I went to the Denmark St. guitar shops today, played some PRS's, Jacksons and LTDs.

However, the LTD series, I played the EC-1000 and the EC-401. On GAK they're like £900 and £579 respectively. However in this shop the Ec-401 was £899, and the EC-100 was £1200, which is stupid, you can get an Eclipse 2 for that price online.

Anyone know why the massive price hikes?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Do Denmark St. have a large online market, like GAK do? If not this might be why theres a huge price difference.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
idk what GAK is, but ill assume it's an online store and the other more expensive one is a retail shop. Retail shops sell for more because they need to keep an open stock and pay salespersons to handle customers, but they are easier to negotiate with since it's person to person. Online they sell for cheaper cuz they just keep a big warehouse of stuff and list the items online but u generally can't negotiate prices with online stores.
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
idk about that, but i do know that lets say a ESP LTD EX401 is 719 euros in europe (thomann) and 419 euros in the US (guitarcenter i think)

i think they sell it for the retail price, i saw it in another shop to, but you could make a nice deal lol

EDIT: but i think eventually you will be better off buying ur guitar in a local shop (if they have the specific guitar for sale) because you probably get a case with it etc. and also you can go back to the shop if something is wrong with the guitar.

The price would be the same i think.
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Epiphone Embassy Standard V
Amp
Engl Ritchie Blackmore Signature
Pick
Jim Dunlop Max Grip Carbon Jazz III
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Last edited by Gryphon999 at Aug 5, 2009,
Quote by EndTheRapture51
So I went to the Denmark St. guitar shops today, played some PRS's, Jacksons and LTDs.

However, the LTD series, I played the EC-1000 and the EC-401. On GAK they're like £900 and £579 respectively. However in this shop the Ec-401 was £899, and the EC-100 was £1200, which is stupid, you can get an Eclipse 2 for that price online.

Anyone know why the massive price hikes?

You should try reading a newspaper some time. The Pound went totally down the drain. It has simply become a lot more expensive to import them. I got my ESP from the UK after the Pound's downfall, but before the pricehikes, saving almost 40%.

EDIT: GAK bought these guitars before the Pound plummeted.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
You should try reading a newspaper some time. The Pound went totally down the drain. It has simply become a lot more expensive to import them. I got my ESP from the UK after the Pound's downfall, but before the pricehikes, saving almost 40%.

EDIT: GAK bought these guitars before the Pound plummeted.

I'd realised the prices of guitars have gone up drastically here, its horrible.

Was looking at a EC-1000 back in January, then suddenly I can barely afford an EC-401, and end up having to look at 256's and lower, its annoying.

PRS SE prices seem to have stayed the same though.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
GAK's website is always alot cheaper, than most places including there shop, if your after an LTD Digital Village are very good for prices and are more reliable than GAK www.dv247.com

edit: also the 401's, 1001's are the replacement for the 400, 1000 etc.. series guitars so GAK might be selling the old stock
If my post didn't make any sense it's because it wasn't suppose to.
Yes I know my username sucks and no I don't like Nirvana
Last edited by Kirk_Krobain at Aug 5, 2009,
There is another online shop for cheap guitar called Bax-shop.nl. LTD EC-401 BLK cost 607 euros.
However, I am not sure whether or not they deliver in the UK.
Way to bump a 4yr old thread
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate