I've gone backwards and forwards on this. I *hope* I've made my choice now, but who knows, maybe tomorrow I'll change my mind again.

I had a Classic 60's Strat that I sold last year when money was low and the mortgage needed paying.

Now money is fine again. I still have an Epiphone Dot that I'm using to teach myself to play on but I just don't like the neck on it. Nice guitar, 12" radius neck doesn't feel right to me.

I *so* wish the Fender Classic Player 60 strat came with a 9.5 radius neck, but again it's a 12. The CP 50 does, but it's a maple neck. Based on the maple neck on the MIM standard strat I played the other week - nah, rosewood felt much nicer.

The Highway One suits the bill *except* for that god-awful (IMO) 70's headstock. PLEASE Fender, the 60's headstock is PERFECTION.

Maybe I buy second hand - a good american made strat, second hand, might be in my budget, but...

...I dunno, that old Classic 60's strat I had did feel good. Do I buy another? Maybe. Which colour.... AAAAAAAARGH!

Round and round I go...

Oh... Hi by the way. Sorry, I guess I needed to get that lot off my chest a bit.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Deluxe-Player-s-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-511597-i1147164.gc

I was gonna suggest this but the radius is not in your alley. But I did love it when I played it, the one I played at GC had a rosewood fingerboard and I'm not into that. I wish I had the money to get this, just beautiful.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
Nice but yeh, neck doesn't suit me. 7.5 on the Classic, which I found to be OK.

I wish Fender would just say "hey, pick your body, your wood, your neck type, headstock, colour and we can make it for you".

But life ain't perfect...
Quote by walliswizard
Nice but yeh, neck doesn't suit me. 7.5 on the Classic, which I found to be OK.

I wish Fender would just say "hey, pick your body, your wood, your neck type, headstock, colour and we can make it for you".

But life ain't perfect...

They do say that... Custom Shop, but it'll cost ya.
Quote by BobDetroit
They do say that... Custom Shop, but it'll cost ya.

And for that money, you could go G&L or Suhr.
Get the strat that has the body and electronics you want then order a replacement neck that matches your specs for it from a company like Warmoth.It may cost a bit more,but you'd end up with exactly what you want without going insane.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

"without going insane"

OK you're probably a tad too late there, but I take your point

I think I could live with the Classic 60. It's definitely a step up from the MIM standard (which isn't a bad guitar in itself), but there are so many good things being said about the Classic Player. What I want to do it find a place with a CP50 in stock so I can go try it.
(and before you all jump in and say "ooh, such and such have them in..." I'm in the UK (but it's not my fault!).
Quote by Pr0gNut
Get the strat that has the body and electronics you want then order a replacement neck that matches your specs for it from a company like Warmoth.It may cost a bit more,but you'd end up with exactly what you want without going insane.

I second this idea.
Well I just went on to Warmoth's website and spec'd a neck along the lines of what I liked.

$500 later !!!!!!!

Nice though.
Quote by walliswizard
Well I just went on to Warmoth's website and spec'd a neck along the lines of what I liked.

$500 later !!!!!!!

Nice though.

Yeah,they can get expensive,but they're so worth it.The quality is on par with the high end USA fender models,and sometimes it even exceeds it.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.