I finally gave my guitar a proper tuning I think. I pluged the guitar into the tuner, set it to 440, turned the tone all the way down and the volume all the way up. I plucked each string between the second single pickup and the humbucker. I got the following readings when the meter's green LED was the only one to light up.
1. first string got a small b type notation just to the right of the E
2. second string got a small b type notation just to the right of the B
3. G with no other notation on the meter
4. D with no other notation on the meter
5 A with no other notation on the meter
6. E with no other notation on the meter
is this right for the standard tune using the Korg? thanks
el cheapo gear but it works
Arent those first and second notes flat? Isnt that bad?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I dont know. I just started guitar and the tuner only read green so i figured it was in perfect tune
your 1st 2 strings are flat. lose the notations next to them, which means tighten the strings.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
^^exactamundo .. sometimes I dont notice those when I tune with my korg and then play and go wtf!!?! Tighten 'em up until its just an E and just a B
Ok. when i barely touch the mechanisms for those two strings the meter's guage jumps to sharp or the left side and the the left red led and green center one light up. I must be very close to getting it tuned right then? Is what im doing with the tone and volume controls right?
make sure it just reads "E" and "B", not "Eb" or "Bb". and i just leave my volume and tones on 10 when i tune. i dont think its crucial to tuning.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by KoenDercksen
It jumping all the way to sharp is not bad, it must go from a very sharp Eb to an E

Same for the B, it must go from a very sharp Bb to an B.

Good luck!

fixed
Quote by pedromiles101
Ok thanks. I must need to tighen the mechanisms about a **** hair of a revolution then
I remember you, you wouldn't listen to me in your other thread.. What have you got? A squier was it?
Quote by randomhero93
fixed

how much do you think i need to turn the mechanisms? I managed to get the rest of the strings perfect and could only get the high E and B close. tuning can be a *****
Quote by Lollage123
I remember you, you wouldn't listen to me in your other thread.. What have you got? A squier was it?

are you for real man or smokin my pole. i don't understand you
I take it an E is very very close to an Eb as well the B to Bb
Quote by SKOOBEY
are you for real man or smokin my pole. i don't understand you

Ah well, at least your amp's alright. I've got the same.. Meh, I don't like it, I know you haven't really started yet but is it just me or is the classic stack setting really godamn muddy?

I also hate how it lacks any form of EQ..
hey bro, please don't thread jack. i was asking a question
Quote by SKOOBEY

guitar tuning gurus please chime in. thanks
TTT anybody
Last edited by SKOOBEY at Aug 6, 2009,
tune your e and b higher (make them go sharper, towards the # sign).

Eventually, they'll just say e and b, after the line goes from the right side of the tuner back to the left.
Then keep turning it sharper until the green light shines and it just says e b g d a e with no other notations
Quote by SKOOBEY

Do you know what accidentals are? Actually do you know what semitones are? If you don't I think you need to read up on the fundementals of music and learn some theory as you play the guitar. And just for reference an Eb is just a semitone flat of E, and the same goes for Bb and B.
Im jusy beginning my guitar education. so an E is really close in tune to an Eb and same for a B. thanks
Yes but they aren't the same note. You'll want to keep tightening your Eb string and magically it will become a E note. Like said pick up a book that has scales, chords and a book about theory and study them as you progress through your guitar life. You'll gain a lot more respect for the instrument and be a great guitarist as well.
thanks bro
Last edited by SKOOBEY at Aug 6, 2009,