Page 1 of 3
Hey everyone, I've finally decided to do my own CYOA after reading all the great ones going in the Pit. This time it's set in the future and involves parasitic aliens! Not to give away too much but I just want to get you interested.

READ:

First choice to reach THREE votes wins.

If you want to become a writer, PM me with a draft of the next section of the story. DO NOT post it in the thread, PM me. If I think you're good enough, you can be a writer.

Only two writers at a time (and me, so three really).

WRITERS:
12JIM34 (ME)
LT. SHINYSIDES

<VACANCY>

Okay, let's get started!

-----------------------------------------

Your name is Jason Ormund, but all your mates and your parents call you Jay. You are about 5'11" and rather slim, but you don't really care about those sort of things anyway. You have long-ish straight brown hair and you are clean-shaven except bushy sideburns, which you've always loved having, they suit you.

You were born on March 17th 2023, and you are currently 18 years old. You live in a rural village in Wiltshire, southwest England, where you also grew up. You are an only child but your family is very close, you love your mum and dad.

You gradually awaken from your deep slumber to the sound of leaves rustling in the wind. The next thing you notice is that it is unusually cold in your bedroom; you forgot to close the window before you went to bed last night. You get out of your bed, open the curtains and shut your window. You look over at your digital projection clock: 5:18 AM, Saturday 18th May 2041. Now for more sleep, you think, work isn’t until 8:00.

You get an old shirt out from the cupboard and put it on. You wouldn’t usually, but it is cold. You get in bed and lay there for a while, before realizing that you aren’t tired and it’s likely that you won’t get much more sleep anyway. You get up and put on some socks and your work trousers.

You work at the local Tesco’s, a 15-minute drive from where you live, but only as a part time job for a little extra cash. Most of your time is spent at College, where you are in your second year studying Music Tech, Media, and Film Studies.

You open your creaky door and go downstairs, to find that your dad is surprisingly already up, watching a film. His name is Gary, and you think he is a great dad. You can talk about anything with him and he shares many of your interests. He plays as a guitarist in a local band, doing covers of songs from the 2000’s and 2010’s. You respect him and you are glad you have such a dad, most of your friend’s dad’s don’t even live with them.

“Morning, dad. What are you doing up so early?” you say, croakily.
“Up?” he laughs, “I never went to bed!”
“You alright?” you ask, concerned. “Yeah, I’m fine, I just couldn’t sleep.” There was a pause as you look up to the TV screen. “What are you watching?”
“The Hobbit. No-one appreciates the oldies these days.” He replies.
“Wow, the CGI looks terrible.” You say, lazily “What year was this?” you ask.
“2011. I was 21 then, a massive Lord of the Rings fan. I still remember going to the cinema to see it. I had to go on my own, all my mates refused to come.” He laughed. You laugh with him and then head into the kitchen.

You decide to get yourself some breakfast. Seeing as it’s so early and you have lots of time you decide to cook up a Full English – your favourite - for you and your dad. Afterwards you sit drinking your cup of tea, thinking what to do next.

A) Go to work early; your manager will be pleased.
B) Finish watching The Hobbit with your dad, go to work when you have to.
C) Try to get to sleep again.
D) Go for a walk. It’s a nice cool morning and you like the fresh air.
Last edited by 12Jim34 at Aug 7, 2009,
im 12 and what is this?
Quote by texasthrasher
Cover your ears(or they WILL be raped) that is ****ing great

I survived weeding out 09'
Quote by IwantaTele
im 12 and what is this?

Choose Your Own Adventure; you read the story and vote for what you think the character should do. Have you never seen them before?
tl;dr.... B sounds the nerdiest.... Go with B.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
This is never going to work if you are the only DW. You should recruit other people and fill them in on the plot or this thread will die very quickly.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
This is never going to work if you are the only DW. You should recruit other people and fill them in on the plot or this thread will die very quickly.

Okay, you're right. I've changed the rules.
B please
Pardon me while I burst into flames.
I've had enough of the world and its people's mindless games.
So pardon me while I burn and rise above the flame.
D

an aliens version sounds wicked awesome.

D for sure.

make sure you don't get banned like the TS of the zombie thread. that CYOA got hurt pretty bad by his absence.

also, i am throwing in my application as a future writer for this thread. not tonight, but tomorrow. will PM a draft once this story gets rolling. I am the one who brought the zombie one back to life for a few short days.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
D

an aliens version sounds wicked awesome.

D for sure.

make sure you don't get banned like the TS of the zombie thread. that CYOA got hurt pretty bad by his absence.

also, i am throwing in my application as a future writer for this thread. not tonight, but tomorrow. will PM a draft once this story gets rolling. I am the one who brought the zombie one back to life for a few short days.

Excellent, a writer already! I'm glad I changed the rules, I admit I probably couldn't have done it all on my own.

You know what, I've read the entire Zombie thread (it was largely the inspiration for this) and I already know you're a good writer. You're in, but I would still like a small draft when you're ready.
D.

EDIT: Oh and Lt. Shinysides, what exactly is happening with the Zombies thread? We lose the writers again?
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Last edited by kxy1992 at Aug 6, 2009,
D) Go for a walk. It’s a nice cool morning and you like the fresh air.

You announce to your dad at the dinner table that you’re going out for a nice walk, and he is fine with it as expected. You ask if he wants to come, but he declines, stating that he’s going to stay in watching films. You go upstairs and put on some warm clothes; it is rather cold out today and looks like it will probably rain. You take a quick look at the time before you head out; it is 6:31. Plenty of time, you think. You say bye to your dad and leave the bungalow through the back door.

You decide that you will take a stroll into the centre of the neighbouring town about 30 minutes walk away, via the scenic route following countryside lanes and field footpaths. Your prediction was right; it starts to rain when you are walking up a small cobbled lane towards the town. You put your hood up and speed up a little. Whilst you are walking you gradually start to notice a quiet hissing sort of sound. You ignore it at first, but it gets louder and it is now turning into a crackling whistle. You look all around you to find the source of the strange noise, and when you don’t see anything out of place, you speed up your pace, wondering what it could be. As it gets even louder, you realize it is coming from above you, so you stop completely and look upwards.

You then see it. A flaming object in the distant sky, heading down to the ground – and fast. At first you think it is a crashing aeroplane, but you then deduct that it can’t be, it’s too high up. It doesn’t take too long for you to realize that it is actually a single meteorite rapidly making its way for Earth. You panic at first, but realize that it is going to land quite far in front of you, and in front of the town you’re heading for too. Since there is nothing but fields for miles after the town, you are reassured that it won’t harm anyone.

You start walking again, this time almost a light jog, towards the town. You decide that you will go take a look at the public TV (a giant TV screen in the centre of town showing the current news, for the public to watch) to see if you can get any information as to what the hell is going on.

You reach the town eventually, all the time your eyes fixated on the falling rock, and go for the TV. When you get near, you see many people gathered around it – surprising to say it is about five to seven in the morning. You take your eyes off the meteorite and focus on the news, catching a presenter mid-sentence with a ‘BREAKING NEWS’ displayed in huge letters across the bottom of the screen.

“…ideas as to how big this particular meteorite is?”

The camera goes to an important-looking man, probably an astrologist of some sort.

“At the moment we cannot calculate its exact size, but we have predicted that it is at least 10 feet high and 5 feet wide.” He says
“Wow, quite big then. Will this affect anyone with the impact?” asks the reporter.
“We have managed to calculate its flight path and if it is correct, it will not harm anyone. We think that it will land in the fields about a mile and a half from any form of civilization, so hopefully the impact will not create problems.” States the man firmly. This relieves you slightly, but it is still quite strange having a meteor land so close to your home.

The reporter carries on interviewing the man as your attention turns to the many people leaving the area and heading for the predicted impact location. You then wonder what you will do next.

A) Carry on watching the news; you might find out more important information.
B) Go back home.
C) Follow all the people to the impact area.
I wish I could pick more than one....

A. Safety first FTW.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
I would do A first, then C

But if I have to choose only one then C
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by kxy1992
I would do A first, then C

But if I have to choose only one then C

Ya this was my thinking... but I didn't want to be eated.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
I didn't realize it would be a problem not being able to vote for two...

I'll change it if we get another person who thinks so.
Last edited by 12Jim34 at Aug 6, 2009,
Oh, and how are you all feeling with it being 2nd person? Would it better as 1st or 3rd or kept the same?
Quote by 12Jim34
Oh, and how are you all feeling with it being 2nd person? Would it better as 1st or 3rd or kept the same?

It's good the way it is, the 2nd person makes it seem more like you are right there

But if others dont like it, then move it to 3rd person
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by kxy1992
It's good the way it is, the 2nd person makes it seem more like you are right there

But if others dont like it, then move it to 3rd person

Alright cool. I prefer 2nd person too, that's why I used it. But sometimes I feel like I'm using 'you' too much

Anyway, 2 more votes for either A or C.
Okay, one more for C and that wins.

This thread is not moving fast at all.
Why is nobody else votingz?
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Quote by DieGarbageMan
Bring the total voted needed down to 3

-c

Yeah good idea, thanks. I'll edit OP and start writing.

Just wondering, do other CYOA's usually have 3 votes to win?
Quote by kxy1992
D.

EDIT: Oh and Lt. Shinysides, what exactly is happening with the Zombies thread? We lose the writers again?

yeah, pretty much. someone tried merging 2 CYOAs together, and it just fell apart. it managed to come back to life once though, so maybe it will do it again.

also i vote A. it's always scarier watching it from a distance not knowing whats really happening.
I choose you! Letter A! *throws pokeball*
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
C already won, its only three votes now.

C) Follow all the people to the impact area.

You hastily follow the crowd of people, curious to see how the situation pans out. A part of you wants to get back home so you can get to work on time as you should, but then again how often does a meteorite strike a few miles from your home? You leave the town with the crowd and walk along a light trail through the fields, all the while your attention captivated by the falling rock from outer space. It is getting ever closer towards the ground; you can now see it in your field of view without looking at it, before you would have to look up to see it. Some of the people in the crowd are getting a little too excited and start running. You remain sensible though and stay with the people.

You can now clearly see where the rock is going to land, about half a mile in front of you. You decide that you shouldn’t get much closer or the impact could hurt you. You are now starting to get a little nervous. The people who were running earlier have stopped and are all standing looking at the meteorite. You reach them and join them, about a quarter of a mile away from the impact area. You heart is hammering as it is almost at the ground. In a matter of minutes this thing will plummet to the ground, and only about a quarter of a mile away from you. You reassure yourself that it couldn’t possibly hurt you in any way though.

You hear hurried footsteps coming from behind you, and look to see whom it is. It’s the press. You don’t particularly like speaking to strangers, and you certainly didn’t want to be interviewed with a camera pointing at you. You back away from the main crowd and join 2 people with binoculars looking at the meteorite. You are now watching intently. It’s about to land. The press are trying to interview people while the cameramen frantically hurry closer to get better views. It’s now a matter of seconds…

BOOM! The huge rock plunges into the ground with an ear-shattering smash, making you cover your ears. The earth underneath your feet rumbles and makes you need to balance yourself. The rock continues to slide along the ground, making many people run away in fright. Fragments of the rock are flying off, and some even get almost as far as where you are. You just stand in amazement watching the flames shroud the massive rock and the grass around it.

After what seems an eternity, the rock eventually slides to a standstill. The stillness of the atmosphere now is very strange, only the flames are making noises. A single man runs and picks up a fist-sized rock fragment, and then runs back toward town. Soon after, lots of excited people sprint toward the crashed rock, and the people around you are talking. You look away from it for the first time since it crashed, and realize that there are now loads more people in the crowd, and yet more are coming down the path. The cameramen are running in the lead, desperate to get the first close-up pictures of the meteorite.

Suddenly, you hear sirens blazing in the background. You are not surprised to hear that police are getting involved; they are likely going to shut off the crash site. You start making your way back to town, planning on going home. The police cars are here now, along with two large vans. They are speeding along the field, avoiding people coming back from the rock. You then manage to make out what it says on the side of the van: MAF. Of course, you think, the Meteor Analysis Foundation. They have a base nearby, in a town about 20 minute’s drive from where you are. They study the rocks that occasionally fall from space; this event was probably fantastic for them, being in such a convenient place for a meteorite to land.

You finally reach the edge of town, and you stop to look back at the site in the distance. Policemen have barricaded the area, and the scientists have set up a huge tent next to the meteorite – presumably to test the rock and whatnot. You then decide to go back to the huge TV screen to see any updates.

You see a scientist talking to a reporter, with the rock in the background, steaming. He is saying, “To our surprise, this is not actually a plain old rock from space. This is part of a planet, presumably Mars, based on chemical levels in the rock. What we find extremely strange, however, is that this meteorite contains living microscopic organisms!”

He sounds very pleased with himself, and happy to find a brand new discovery in the science world. He continues, “We are undergoing tests on these organisms right now, as we speak. We have never seen anything like these on Earth before; this is a very exciting time for us. At the moment we don’t know these organisms behave so we have taken precautions on how we handle them, and have professional scientific equipment. We strongly advise that anyone who has picked up fragments of the rock discard them immediately, as we do not know enough about these organisms yet to just handle them freely.”

You find this very interesting. Organisms from Mars, you think. Awesome. You glance over to your right and see a middle-aged man sitting on a bench, clutching his stomach. He is groaning in obvious pain. “You alright mate?” You ask him, naturally. He ignores you, continuing to groan. “Hello?” you ask, concerned. He carries on gently rocking backwards and forwards in pain. You attempt to help him up, and you notice a rock falls from his lap. It’s the same man you saw earlier, frantically grabbing the fragment off the ground and sprinting for town.

What do you do?

A) Screw him, run home. You can still be on time to work.
B) Get him some help, there is a hospital nearby.
C) Get the hell away from him, he’s infected with crazy alien poison ****!
Quote by Rock In Rio
C plz

That was damn quick reading!

And don't worry it gets good soon everyone. Just building tension.
I'm surprised at how fast they studied that meteor

I vote B

EDIT:

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
yeah, pretty much. someone tried merging 2 CYOAs together, and it just fell apart. it managed to come back to life once though, so maybe it will do it again.

also i vote A. it's always scarier watching it from a distance not knowing whats really happening.

Yeah I wasnt sure what the merge was all about but I'm not too confused about it anymore. Hopefully someone will keep writing in it
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

8/7/09

^ I was there
Last edited by kxy1992 at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by 12Jim34
That was damn quick reading!

And don't worry it gets good soon everyone. Just building tension.

I was actually responding to the one before that, but I still like this one. Im sticking with C.
Obviously Fassa.
C all the way!

Nice writing btw!
Quote by Guitarfreak777
Only the pit would figure out how to say "I cum blood" in latin.

Bravo good sir
Page 1 of 3