Yeah guys i'm thinking of getting a new speaker for my amp which is a peavey Ultra X 112 because i'd like to give it a better sound and i hear that peavey speakers aren't much cop, which i am inclined to believe. I want to get a bit more of a good "metal" sound:

http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?id=CELG12K8&browsemode=category

apparently this is supposed to be good for metal. Should i bother spending that much money on a speaker?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
That's an expensive speaker, but if you really look into what it does, it's a good investment. The speaker is what presents your whole tone, so a terrible speaker will just be.... well, terrible.

I've upgraded speakers in my cab before, and it's a great idea. I know nothing about playing through that speaker, but I'm sure you will see some improvement.
hell yes. That's a godly speaker for metal. I'm going to buy one after I buy all my pedals.
And BTW, that's **** expensive, but maybe it's because musical instruments and music gear haven't experienced the kind of deflation that they do in the US. Go for it though. All celestions are probably that expensive anyways. Might I suggest a new amp though? Are you unsatisfied with your tone or do you like it, but jsut want to tweak it a little?
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
^You say it's a godly speaker for metal, but you don't even own it?

I can't say much for it other than this: A new speaker makes a world of difference. I played a Squier sidekick thru some old Kenwood speakers and it sounded very passable.
Quote by apak
hell yes. That's a godly speaker for metal. I'm going to buy one after I buy all my pedals.
And BTW, that's **** expensive, but maybe it's because musical instruments and music gear haven't experienced the kind of deflation that they do in the US. Go for it though. All celestions are probably that expensive anyways. Might I suggest a new amp though? Are you unsatisfied with your tone or do you like it, but jsut want to tweak it a little?

Yeah i know it's expensive, but it's about the same as they're selling vintage 30s for on the website, might google it see if i can get it for a bit less. I like the tone i'm getting from the amp yeah, i just want a bit more "prescense" if you see what i mean?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by Invader Jim
^You say it's a godly speaker for metal, but you don't even own it?

I can't say much for it other than this: A new speaker makes a world of difference. I played a Squier sidekick thru some old Kenwood speakers and it sounded very passable.

Meh, I know a guy who had a 2x12 recto with 2 of those and it sounded great. I didn't try it myself, but he was playing and I was listening. he sold it though.. And then got a 4x12 with v30's... That was sad.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I use the G12k-85, which are the same speaker as the 100's, just older, same specs. Overall they are great speakers, they have a huge lowend and seem very balacned, forget getting any speaker distortion though, I cannot get them to break up. Pair them with V30 and you have a very huge sounding cab.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
well i couldn't find one that was cheaper . Ahh well i suppose i'll have to get it then. thanks guys
EH