Hey I joined about 5 minutes ago to ask a few questions x]
Iv just bought an Ibanez sa260fm and the first thing I noticed was the small frets, so, I'm no guitar expert, but I was wondering if it's possible to replace the neck with a neck with jumbo frets?
If so, then I would like a neck with a similar headstock aswell so the guitar wont look so strange x] So if this is possible, any suggestions?
Sorry I don't have the dimensions or width of the current neck, havn't really done my research x] but like i said i'm no expert, I don't even know if this is the right place to post this.
first off, welcome!

second, your pretty much stuck. you can search on ebay for an ibanez neck that is different, but with ibanez, your not going to find any other solutions unless your willing to shell out a lot of cash for a luthier to make you one.

I just went through this same problem trying to find a neck for a JS100 body i was thinking about buying, but there just isn't anything out there for ibanez

sorry man

EDIT: btw, do what color did you get? that's a pretty sexy model.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Last edited by bored_maniac33 at Aug 5, 2009,
Quote by Leer0x182
Ah well that sucks "/ and i got the lavender burst x]

nice.

and don't worry man, it'll just take some getting used to. once you play on it consistently for a while you probably wont notice a difference.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by Leer0x182
Hey I joined about 5 minutes ago to ask a few questions x]
Iv just bought an Ibanez sa260fm and the first thing I noticed was the small frets, so, I'm no guitar expert, but I was wondering if it's possible to replace the neck with a neck with jumbo frets?
If so, then I would like a neck with a similar headstock aswell so the guitar wont look so strange x] So if this is possible, any suggestions?
Sorry I don't have the dimensions or width of the current neck, havn't really done my research x] but like i said i'm no expert, I don't even know if this is the right place to post this.

You don't have to get a new neck. You can get the neck refretted (or do it yourself) with larger fret wire.
I'm not sure if you can do this but maybe you can order a custom neck from warmoth?

But refretting is probably the cheapest thing to do.
Quote by FCurimao
I'm not sure if you can do this but maybe you can order a custom neck from warmoth?

But refretting is probably the cheapest thing to do.

^no, in fact, i called warmoth and they were the ones who first told me that you couldn't get any good replacement neck for a ibanez. i didn't believe them, but research showed them to be right.

re-fretting should work though, i didnt think about that
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
You have 2 choices (well 3 really)
-Get a new neck made by a luthier to fit the body (Probably most expensive, but a good luthier could make a high quality neck)
-Get the neck re-fretted
-Put up with it
I know for a fact that trying to find a replacement neck for any Ibanez that isnt an RG is a complete PITA. I've been looking for one for my S540 body and the only one I could find was on ebay, but it was too expensive. Luckily for me, AANJ S series bodies are compatible with square heel RG necks, so I've bought an old RG570 neck, which i'll have to cut the last 2 frets off or forego a neck pickup (not happening), but at least it fits.